Anyone tried the Hook Wizard amp?

The amp is amazing.. and might be everything you need. I played live a couple of times with it, pre corona. It's a regular tube head with enough power for a live gig, Front knobs are automated so what you see is what you get and sounds are easily adjustable and storable. Amp has IR out and an internal load box, so you can use the head in the studio or if you want to play 'in ear' live, without a cab. You can also play with a regular cab onstage and send IR out to the FOH. The IR's are pretty amazing, instead of hundreds and hundreds of so-so IR's, the Wizard has 16 IR's (the number is growing) and they are all done by designer Leendert Haaksma himself, mostly in the huge Wisseloord studios in Holland. No endless scrolling, they all sounds amazing. I did a three page review on the Wizard and posted it on my Facebook page and also Hook posted it on their instagram. Last cd I recorded was all Hook IR out. The tubes make the IR's sound really spongy and alive and responsive. Now also available as a rack unit btw!

Attachments

• hook rack.png
    hook rack.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 18
  • HOOK-WIZARD.STR-0337-scaled-uai-2064x1376.jpg
    HOOK-WIZARD.STR-0337-scaled-uai-2064x1376.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Hook editor.png
    Hook editor.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • E5384B49-D6DA-4DAC-960C-2264609A56F0.jpg
    E5384B49-D6DA-4DAC-960C-2264609A56F0.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: yek
So the tube/valve amps are modernised because of technology like Fractal etc. Making them look like expensive one trick ponies.
You could say that yes. it's the way things are going now, a one in all solution. I do love the Fractal for FX live! I use the Axe FX III stereo, using an extra power amp (the Seymour Duncan power stage 700) and that setup pretty much blows everybody away, including me sometimes ;-)

You could say that yes. it's the way things are going now, a one in all solution. I do love the Fractal for FX live! I use the Axe FX III stereo, using an extra power amp (the Seymour Duncan power stage 700) and that setup pretty much blows everybody away, including me sometimes ;-)
I suppose technology is taking over and the valve amps are being modernised too. Which might not be a bad thing

The amp is amazing.. and might be everything you need. I played live a couple of times with it, pre corona. It's a regular tube head with enough power for a live gig, Front knobs are automated so what you see is what you get and sounds are easily adjustable and storable. Amp has IR out and an internal load box, so you can use the head in the studio or if you want to play 'in ear' live, without a cab. You can also play with a regular cab onstage and send IR out to the FOH. The IR's are pretty amazing, instead of hundreds and hundreds of so-so IR's, the Wizard has 16 IR's (the number is growing) and they are all done by designer Leendert Haaksma himself, mostly in the huge Wisseloord studios in Holland. No endless scrolling, they all sounds amazing. I did a three page review on the Wizard and posted it on my Facebook page and also Hook posted it on their instagram. Last cd I recorded was all Hook IR out. The tubes make the IR's sound really spongy and alive and responsive. Now also available as a rack unit btw!

im actually not necessarily even looking at the IR part of it but it’s definitely cool. The tone shaping options seems to be pretty solid.

I assume the reactive load is probably based on a 4x12?

Back
Top Bottom