Anyone sending midi from the Axe to a DAW to trigger samples?

psychomanteum7

Inspired
I've been using Beatmaker 3 on my ipad successfully, but I would like to transition to my Macbook. Ultimately, the goal is to run IEM mixes and trigger samples from the same Logic Pro X instance.

So far it looks like Logic is receiving midi sends from the Axe (records midi), but I can't get it to trigger a sample. I've tried spreading the sample range across the entire keyboard in case my midi note to number conversion is off - still no dice.

I've been using Beatmaker 3 on my ipad successfully, but I would like to transition to my Macbook. Ultimately, the goal is to run IEM mixes and trigger samples from the same Logic Pro X instance.

So far it looks like Logic is receiving midi sends from the Axe (records midi), but I can't get it to trigger a sample. I've tried spreading the sample range across the entire keyboard in case my midi note to number conversion is off - still no dice.
How are you sending a midi note from the Axe-FX to Logic?

To clarify more, I have my Axe connected to the Scarlet with a Midi cable (out to in), and my Macbook connected to the Scarlett via USB.

When I do "Test Row" while the midi instrument sampler is armed, it detects events, but doesn't actually record any notes. If anyone has any ideas as far as why that isn't happening, I think I can decipher the note to Midi control number necessary for each sample.

If you want your sampler to make a sound, you need to send a note event to it. The Axe-FX is not capable of sending notes. You'll need to use a different device, one that is capable of sending notes. Or use a translator that converts CC to notes. But you should not be surprised that the Axe-FX is not sending notes to your sampler.

Thank you - I see in the events list that it is receiving CC changes as logic events and I can select which ones, but not a note.

toneseeker911 - Thank you for the link, that should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom