Anyone run a looper after the Axe Fx?

Yeah, so I have a Standard... that's why I'll be using a pedal to make loops and stuff. I want to get an Electro Harmonix 2880, they seem awesome. Anyone try running a looper after the Axe's output? I guess this way you could use effects from the Axe Fx, like if I wanted some tremolo on one loop and rotary speaker on another, etc. Think there would be any issues doing it like this? It would be going into an Apogee Duet after the looper.

I sent you a message back at HC. Basically I have tried running the 2880 after the Axe-Fx and in the FX loop. I prefer it in the loop because the 2880 clips pretty easily at the inputs and I can use Output 2 to manipulate the level going into the 2880 and Output 1 to control the overall volume of my recording line/Atomic. I was running my Atomic through the XLR out and have my recording setup hooked up with the 1/4" balanced outs in stereo. The only thing I had an issue with at first was remembering to assign the effects loop to the specific patches I was using, but that wasn't a big deal at all. Another benefit of having the 2880 in the loop is I get the looped signal through both my recording and amplified chains simultaneously so I don't have to swap cables and all that shit.

simeon said:
what happens when you change patch with a loop running? is the loop audio interrupted?

sim
There is a barely noticable audio interrupt on patches that change the amp model. Nothing that bothers me.

i'll check myself, cos if it's seamless, then that could be very handy...

sim

EDIT - just checked and there's a tiny dropout when changing patches. too much more me....i'll carry on using my existing setup...

Back
Top Bottom