Anyone rocking a Karnivool tone?

crreed

Anyone got something in the style of Drew Goddard or Mark Hosking from Aussie Prog Metal band Karnivool?

They have some nice heavy chugs, but also some lush modulated delay crunch tones that are to die for.

If anyone's hiding one out there, hook me up?

I don't have their presets, but you probably know that Karnivool have long been using the Axe-Fx. I've done some support sessions with them over the years. Fun band!

I think I've read from back in the AxeFX II days that they don't use amp models, but they love them for effects... so I guess they are 4CMing them into the back of 5150s or something similar.

Even without the drives, just the delay patches, I would absolutely kill for. Awesome band, unreal tones, awesome push pull of tension. I hope they release another album!

Very cool that you helped them out. If you ever get another, tell them I said they are awesome and we want to see their sweet presets :laughing:

I don’t have one specifically, but start with the 5150 block and the jcm 800 amps. Those seem to be their go to amps. Aside from that, delay and reverb post amp and cab are critical for their sound. Look up some of Rabeas stuff with his plugin, he can get very similar sounds.

Back
Top Bottom