Anyone only use one IR?

Lately I haven't been since I think it was FW 12 or 13 (believe there's been that many, I remember swooning when 4 came out!)

I do however always put a fairly aggressive low cut in the amp pre-eq.

I tend to use a different IR for each amp I play around with. I enjoy the experimentation part of it, finding the one that my ears dig the most with each particular amp. Plus I have that addiction - the one where you think this sounds great but I can make it BETTER, haha.

For some of my favorite clean(er) amps (e.g. Bandmaster and Mesa Subway Blues), I'll have 4-8 different IRs (one per scene). Each gives a different character (sparkle, snap, thump, etc) that is really apparent on some clean amps. I might also tweak speaker impedance as well.

I use 4 , depending on the amp : 1 Marshall , 1 Mesa, 1 Vox and 1 Fender. All from the OH revolution series. They cover all the ground that I need.

If by '1 IR' you mean the same IR on everything, yes. I use a mix of the Ownhammer Mesa Traditional 4x12 with a 421/57 blend, and a touch of mid/room mic to put the cab in some space.

For cleans I only really use the JC120, so Factory 2 #41 (IIRC, I’m not at my unit right now) is my go-to for crystal cleans.

Back
Top Bottom