Anyone listening to the new Priest & Saxon Albums?

Paulzx

Inspired
Two incredibly strong albums! Priest seem to have a new lease of life with Richie Faulkner - who I now believe is probably the best rock player in the world right now. It's just his energy and creativeness with melody that is really doing the trick. Firepower was a brilliant album, which really got me into Priest in a big way, but Invincible Shield is right up there with it.

Saxon are a band I don't know too much about because I've never owned any of their albums. I know they were part of the NWOBHM back in the late 70's, I know ride like the wind etc, but not much else. And then I saw the tracks There's something in Roswell - and Madam Guillotine and I was floored. I got the album and it's very strong all the way through. Have they always been this good?

For anyone who missed these two albums, check out the singles Invincible Shield & Crown Of Horns and the two tracks I mentioned above.

Really incredible stuff from these two

Diggin the new Priest and I agree if Faulkner is a monster. I personally think if he hadn't joined and injected some new life into them I think they would have been gone
I didn't know Saxon had a new one out

Priest, yes. Saxon; no. Faulkner is a GOAT in the making. I have always 100% respected the working man's grind with Saxon but their songs for me have been nowhere near the Priests and Maidens they are in competition with, imo.

Diggin the new Priest and I agree if Faulkner is a monster. I personally think if he hadn't joined and injected some new life into them I think they would have been gone
I didn't know Saxon had a new one out
You might be right. I've just read KK Downings book and he says he wasn't happy with their live performances at the point he left. I think Richie changed that dynamic.

Check out the two saxon videos. Heavier sound for them thanpast records, and trust me, it's neck and neck with the Priest album

Priest, yes. Saxon; no. Faulkner is a GOAT in the making. I have always 100% respected the working man's grind with Saxon but their songs for me have been nowhere near the Priests and Maidens they are in competition with, imo.
I agree with you in terms of career, but this new album is as good as invincible shield. I can't decide which one I like better.
Saxon are supporting Priest on the new tour by the way

Reactions: JTI
Back
Top Bottom