Anyone know how to reproduce this sound?

Hi all,

I was watching the EHX Effectology electric piano video (I'm new here so I can't post URLs until I've made a few more posts, but you can easily find it on YouTube), and was wondering if any Axe wizards out there might know how to emulate the Fender Rhodes tone demonstrated at the 2 minute mark.

The effect is created using the filter section of the Micro Synth and the Frequency Analyzer pedal. The exact settings can be found in the EHX effectology forum (again, can't post the link).

I'm thinking that the answer involves using a filter block set to low pass and then assigning an envelope controller to the frequency. The Micro Synth settings have the start frequency higher than the stop frequency, which I know can be replicated in the envelope parameters, but beyond that, I'm not exactly sure what settings would yield the best results.

The Frequency Analyzer pedal is basically a ring modulator, and is used to replicate the high frequency pings that the Rhodes produces (tines, I think is the term?), so I imagine using a ring modulator block would get me in the ballpark.

I've done a little experimenting, and some of the results have been promising, but I'm kind of new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom