Anyone have any references when picking out a speaker / cab IR?

Kaldeth

So I just recently picked up Cab Lab and my first IR pack and holy crap what have I been missing all this time!!?? But now an issue I am running into, more specifically when looking into some of the Ownhammer packs, is there are so many choices for cabinet / speaker combinations that I don't really know what to pick. I know that they're only $5 each which is an AMAZING deal for what you get and I have heard Ownhammers IRs before and they all sound great but I would like to have some sort of confidence when buying an IR bundle from them that I will like and be able to use them. I would hate to buy one up then go through all of the mics and realize that I don't like and of the tones, that would just be a waste of money.

So my question is, is there any place on the internet to preview a specific speaker or speaker/cab sound before I buy an IR library including it? Or am I thinking too much into this and it's really not that big of a deal? Thanks for the help!

1. You can try one of the stock IRs that came in your AxeFx to get a general idea of the tone.

2. You can listen to clips on the manufacturers website, Celestion have all their speakers demoed.

3. You can look on YouTube or simply Google the given speaker.

4. You can try the freebies OH always puts out to entice buyers.

Back
Top Bottom