Anyone have a Lincoln Brewster plexi type pre set?

Yes, I'll post tonight or tomorrow for you.

I use the 1959 Plexi Jumped, an impulse response I captured from the Pod X3 live, and the parametric eq block to eq match to his tone from his Today is the Day album. This has gotten me extremely close to his core tone. I am just missing his chops... :)

If your interested, here is a post on how to dial his sound on the pod. A lot of this can be translated to the FM3. https://www.benvesco.com/blog/tones/2008/pod-lincoln-brewster-tone-study/

I am curious, are you running his Dimarzio Area Pickups?

Here is my main Brewster patch.
I am utilizing the FX Send / Return and Midi block for a Strymon Big Sky, so you will have to pull that out. Scene 1 and 8 will have the least amount of effects. Scene 5 is a cool sound with the Andy Timmons delay.

Amp block is mostly stock minus the EQ, Variac, and a basketweave speaker impedance curve. I might have a few more tweaks in there.
Channel A of the cab block includes the impulse response capture of the Line 6 Pod X3 Live. That IR is a part of the .fasBundle file.

You might have to tweak the parametric EQ block. It is EQ matched to the lead guitar part of God You Reign from his Today is the Day album, neck pickup.

I usually run a Boss OD-3 in front of the FM3 which adds a bit more boost, so you may need to add in a drive block. Also, adjust treble gain to taste.

Hope this helps, let me know if you run into any problems or if you know of any other tricks to get closer to his sound.

Attachments

• Plexi Lead L6_FM3.fasBundle
    21.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks bud!! FM3 unboxed tonight!

I've had many axe products over the years and I know Linc's tone is basic plexi but there's a magic to it and most of it is in his fingers. Used to buy those pups and such but like Andy Timmons,..despite buying his sig guitar I still did not sound like him :p

Back
Top Bottom