Anyone got a good Slash/GNR patch?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
This tone eludes me like nothing else. (Doesn't help that I don't have the right guitar, but still... I should be able to get close with a mahogany bodied SuperStrat. :/)

I thought the "sweet child" stockpatch was very good. Have you looked at that one as a starting point?

Nope, didn't like that preset back on v7.x or something, and I haven't looked at any of the stock presets for at least two years. My Axe is full of my own presets.

I use all my own but when I was messing around before a gig. I found some of the stock presets sounding better than mine. I had to do the "rework - rethink" my patches. :)

I dig the stock Sweet Child patch pretty much, but changed the amp 1 to Marsha HBE and then i use 2 of the free Redwirez Marshall 1960A cabs in my user cabs, and I LOVE the tone of it. Also changed the wah from on to controlled by external 1.

I think Clark kent had one up at some point. I know there is definitely one floating around here somewhere thats dead on. They were using a Marshall with a Redwirez IR.

I think Clark kent had one up at some point. I know there is definitely one floating around here somewhere thats dead on. They were using a Marshall with a Redwirez IR.

clark kent was the best I have heard
besides the awesome SCOM one that a user posted

Jcm800
Drive 6-6.59
Master 8.25
Bass 1
Mid 10
Treb 0
Presence 5 or 6

Cab ownhammer scumback 75 or v30
Mic sm57 position 3 or 4
Also try mixing up the far head mic in position 3 with the stereo. Those are vaescon clark's settings peace

The Scott's JCM 800 patch is AWESOME for Slash tones!!!
Sweet Child O Mine, for example, grab a Gibson LP, activate the 1, 2 and 3 dB PEQ's and WOW!

Jcm800
Drive 6-6.59
Master 8.25
Bass 1
Mid 10
Treb 0
Presence 5 or 6

Mic sm57 position 3 or 4
Also try mixing up the far head mic in position 3 with the stereo. Those are vaescon clark's settings peace
I've found Clark's preset and downloaded the Ownhammer 412_SLM_M75 cab IRs. Are these the ones I need? Are there any Redwirez IRs that comes close to these?

Last edited:
Jcm800
Drive 6-6.59
Master 8.25
Bass 1
Mid 10
Treb 0
Presence 5 or 6

Mic sm57 position 3 or 4

This is in the right ballpark but I don't think it has enough gain when using relatively low-output humbuckers like you'd find on vintage style Les Paul guitars.

Try these settings with boost enabled or with a rather transparent drive (Tube Driver) slamming the front end.

Back
Top Bottom