Anyone familiar with Guitarsystems GasPedal?

I like the footswitches.

Needs a bigger, better display and MIDI In to display preset and tuner info. A PC connect is nice but it needs to be updated to native USB. RS232? I am guessing this is an old design.

And $1665 USD is a bit steep.

rickboot said:
RS232? I am guessing this is an old design.

Not an old design. Paul had his reasons for using RS232 over USB.
If I remember correctly it had something to do with using serial lines on stage over longer distances than the USB spec allowed (5m/16 ft. Max.) Also an addon display is in the works (available?)
fred+paul.jpg

Have to agree though that the price seems steep in comparison with competing products especially if you'd have to buy the display seperately.

S.R.

Looks indeed very cool. But IMHO it's rather expensive for the specs they offer.

Have you even considered the Liquid-Foot ? of Fractal?
Both seem to have better specs and are cheaper.

voes said:
Looks indeed very cool. But IMHO it's rather expensive for the specs they offer.

Have you even considered the Liquid-Foot ? of Fractal?
Both seem to have better specs and are cheaper.

Jeff at LF has put me on the list to get a Liquid-Foot Jr. but I can't seem to get any replies to emails lately. :( I know he's said that he's feeling overwhelmed by the response to the Jr. launch, but he really needs to hire a college kid part-time or do something so as not to ignore people waving money at him. :? I know I'm not the only one.

Fractal? Sadly, as far as I read here, it's still vaporware. I read somewhere here about a projected Sept. release date. I don't want to revive the "I want my Fractal, and I want it now!" posts but I just got my Ultra last evening and haven't fired it up yet but I sure hope to be ready to use a foot-controller before September. :lol: I've got expression pedals arriving from Sweetwater Monday! :shock:

If I had to buy something today, I'd probably order a Gordius Little Giant. It looks very cool and the only thing keeping me from it is the price. If I don't hear from Liquid-Foot in the next couple weeks that could change though. I know present owners rave about Jeff's customer service, but I'd hate to think of needing help with the Jr. and having to wait a week for a reply to an email. I know it's the growing pains of a small operation. I just hope he can find a way over the hump soon. I think I could be very happy with the Liquid-Foot Jr. :cool:

Since the Axe-FX pedal seems to be forgotten, I also moved and start the seek for the pedalboard, and decided I will get the Gaspedal... Yeah, More pricy than others (even more for you US guys, but for European like me... not tooooo much expensive... even tho.. yeah, more expensive) , but I like all the features, LOVE the buttons, and I'll also get the display when done, so... I'll have all I'd ever need for a pedalboard...

I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it... (definitly will be amazing for sure). (built like a tank to resist the worst scene)

Benkenove said:
I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it.
Please do, It looks pretty amazing except for the display part. I read that Paul brought it over to the US for some trade shows. I just wonder why is isn't priced better for America. But then Skrydstrups and Bradshaws are pricey too.

I do think there's huge market for a smaller full function MIDI controller that is largely being ignored by the makers who've been around for awhile. I think the avalanche of Liquid-Foot Jr. orders and glowing reviews of the Gordious Little Giant bears this out. There's a small army of musicians who work without a road crew or big label budget support and not a lot of quality options around $500. Gordious is approaching rarefied air air with their pricing and shipping too.

My personal opinion is that any of these companies looking to do business internationally would benefit from Apple's approach to pricing. I spent time in the UK and Europe last year and everywhere I went a certain model MacBook was 1999. Whether it was $, €, or £ it was always 1999. Now everyone knows that a $ is only worth about .5 £ or .75 € and Apple also faces tariffs when exporting outside the US, but Apple is willing to take the hit on profits in some countries in order to stay within reach of their core consumer demographic.

Okay, that's the end of my rant on this subject, I promise. ;) I'll just go back to dealing with the real world now. :D

Well, the thing is that you cannot compare a HUGE company like Apple, who makes millions of computers or ipods (for example), where the cost is almost a joke, to a maker/seller/company like Paul Lenders (in this case), which is basically handmade... The costs are the costs, and the range of profit is what it is... He lives in Europe, so charge in €... no matter what's the exchange...

Look for example AXE-FX in Europe... It's a JOKE !!! The price in USA was the same... en Europe, they charged a lot more, due to all the excuses/reasons, whatever... ok... but then... the dollar rise... the in Europe, the rise the price... "logic" ? ok... for sure... BUT then the dollar drops a LOT, but then in Europe the price is the same high... What happened ??? (Fractal still getting the same $$$, but the european dealer gets the difference in the exchange.. and dont lower the price due to the drop... :D:D:D:D... life is life !!!

Also, this has been said a lot but, for example, importing a pedalboard like, let's say FX1... costs a LOT more than if you buy it in the USA, so we are basically in the same boat....

OK, I'll stop as well :p... I'll definitely let you know when I get the Gaspedal... (It will takes some time, because I'm also waiting for Paul to make me a few more things ;););)... I hope I can do it soon, and It will be amazing for sure !!! cant say anymore :p but it will have a gaspedal 100% for sure ;)

Ben

Benkenove said:
Well, the thing is that you cannot compare a HUGE company like Apple, who makes millions of computers or ipods (for example), where the cost is almost a joke, to a maker/seller/company like Paul Lenders (in this case), which is basically handmade... Ben
That's a good point Ben. I guess if we want hand-crafted quality then we have to be willing to support the craftsman. :)

Back
Top Bottom