Anyone ever put a Gibson Burstbucker in an Ibanez?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I have a nice Ibanez J-Custom but I'm not keen on the pickups. However, I love the tone of my 2008's Les Paul Burstbucker pickups. Just wondered whether anyone here had ever tried putting a set in an Ibanez...?

Depending on what model you have it might make a difference. Mahogany body with maple cap? You might get similar sounds to your LP with Burstbuckers. I would love to hear how it sounds.

What's the question really? A Burstbucker is a PAF variant. A custom J is a hot rodded strat. Did anyone ever put a PAF into a hot rodded strat? Yes millions of people, including most hot rodded strat manufacturers in the 1980s, and of course the originator of the idea, Eddie VanHalen.

What's the question really? A Burstbucker is a PAF variant. A custom J is a hot rodded strat. Did anyone ever put a PAF into a hot rodded strat? Yes millions of people, including most hot rodded strat manufacturers in the 1980s, and of course the originator of the idea, Eddie VanHalen.
I know people have put humbuckers into Strats. I meant, specifically this combination (mahogany bodied Superstrat, Gibson Burstbuckers). I don't expect it to sound exactly like a Les Paul, but I wonder whether it wouldn't sound fuller and richer than the existing pickups which to my ears seem somewhat hotter, very midrangey and not as dynamic (volume roll-off, etc.) as the Gibson. I'm a bit loathe to experiment on the Ibanez given that it's in near mint condition, and I don't want to tinker with it unnecessarily.

I have a jcustom neckthrough jcrg4 that I put the dimarzio paf 36th bridge and air classic neck. I added a super switch for series , parallel wiring. I am getting great sounds from all positions. I highly recommend these for vintage tone with clarity.

I have a jcustom neckthrough jcrg4 that I put the dimarzio paf 36th bridge and air classic neck. I added a super switch for series , parallel wiring. I am getting great sounds from all positions. I highly recommend these for vintage tone with clarity.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom