Anyone ever have this happen?

k2sparks

Was on Axe echange loading a few presets, and had a couple come up with no sound, so i reloaded another that I liked stored it. Had a couple where I had to load cab IR's as well, everyhting seemed fine. Then I went back to one of my favorite presets that I had edited and stored, and it was replaced by one of the presets that I loaded up that had no sound? I was no where near that preset when I was laoding the new ones just so I wouldnt even sniff the chance of screwing it up. Anyone ever have this happen, and why does it haappen? Thanks everyone.

When exporting a preset using AE one should select Strip Preset Numbers.
Otherwise the preset will be exported including its location.
Which means that it will be loaded into the original preset slot.

Yek,

Great info. I've never experienced that, but I'm sure I've just been lucky. Certainly logging this away.

Cheers,

Lee

Had this happen as well. Will wait for Axe Edit to come out before I try to put downloaded tones into my AxeFx again. Don't want to lose some of my precious patches.

I have found every way to load presets has it's quirks, for example (Win 7 64 bit):
With MidiOx some presets will store/overwrite presets in other locations.
With AxeLoader, a software that a member here made, the presets will not be overwritten, but instead some tonematch presets have no sound and a few will not load at all.
Loading AxeEdit latest version and using AxeManage seems to work best of all three, however we are supposed to not use AxeEdit at all, so this is not optimal either...

Truth is, right now there is no perfect way to load presets. I use all three above depending on if the presets work or not. important thing is to backup everything you can not afford to loose I guess?

Yea I need to back up on board, thanks guys, Im lucky in this instance. I havent been using scenes yet so I had copied the original (lost preset) to another preset I didnt use so I had it that way. Im 2 months into this so I have many many years of learning curves to go through.

Back
Top Bottom