Anyone else using scenes primarily?

MotherSea

Experienced
I switched from having scenes on the "backburner" (1-5 after holding reveal) to actually using them as my primary switching mechanisms within patches (IA 6-13 correspond to scenes 1-8).

So far, I think I prefer this setup. In fact, it is so practical, that I can't figure out what to assign to IA 14-15 and 1-5 after hold!

This setup almost makes me feel like I don't need the MFC. Almost. If I was just getting into the market now, I may go for something smaller/simpler with softer switches.

Yeah, I only use scenes as well, but having set the bank size to 0 and 1-5 is scenes.
Only thing that the "Reveal" button has no function besides enable the looper.
It would be sweet to use reveal as an IA

Combination of everything: presets, scene selection and always also IA effect switches.
Because nothing is always preprogrammed.
I want to be able to engage effects at will, on top of what's already active. Scenes can't do that.

I've honestly held off on using scenes until axe edit is fully released. I want to, but I find editing on the computer is just more my style.

Same here. I messed with it briefly. I like the idea of using a scene instead of an out1/2 solo boost via IA. Mainly so you can truly customize that boosted sound. Just havent had the time with gigs/the holidays/kids home from college. Kinda waiting for the new edit as well. WHEN I get there, I still like having 10 presets and the top row effects-I use them rarely, but I like them when I want them. The 1-5 are gig ready. The next row is "work in progress" and my down .5 for one song. First cut will be to have the two live together. Keep the old boost setup and 1-5 the same. Then work on the next row as I have time, and use the tuner button for scene for now. Switch them when I think it's working as I want it to.

Scenes only give me 4 Possible Amps in a Preset and I can only Change the Bypass State in that Preset.
So no, I barely use Scenes.
It is nice for Seamless switching within a Song, but I typically Expression Pedal my way into a Lead.
I am more of a Preset guy myself.

Back
Top Bottom