Anyone else using a pedaltrain 1?

skyhighrocks

Inspired
The AX8 fits perfectly on the pt-1 with my talkbox...only problem is I can use my hard case now because the AX8 is too tall on the board. The top won't close. What are you guys doing in situations like this?

I found the same issue with my hard case, so I installed my MFC and in my case, two volume pedals, on the underside of the pedal train board. I didn't need the height or angle, just somewhere to mount the pedals.

You can kinda see it here, the pedaltrain board is upside down:

I can see it. I have a PP2+ mounted under the board so that's not really an option for me. I'm going to see if I can find an old suitcase in my shed unless anyone else has a suggestion? I can't be the only one using the PT-1!

I scored a Furnan pedalboard that works great. Has the A/C outlets for my AX8, wireless, and my monitor if needed. Or I can plug a fan into one of them. I like my wah so I just use it instead of programming my expression pedal. Fits in a soft case and I can carry two guitars and the pedal board all in one shot. One more trip out to get my monitor and I'm done! Quickest and easiest setup ever :)
The JBL has been replaced with a CLR though

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 56
I ended up buying a Mono pedalboard bag for my AX8/Strymon rig mounted to a Pedaltrain Novo 32. My hard case wouldn't close either.

I may end up going the TrailerTrash FlatTrash route eventually, but this works for now.

I ended up buying a Mono pedalboard bag for my AX8/Strymon rig mounted to a Pedaltrain Novo 32. My hard case wouldn't close either.

I may end up going the TrailerTrash FlatTrash route eventually, but this works for now.

Does the mono bag close though with the angled pedaltrain inside and the AX8 on top of it?

zLXjWbe.jpg

m5yfDp7.jpg

The little bulge you see in that last picture is actually my power cord in the external pocket, not the unit itself.

The guys at Mono are very responsive and helpful. If you have questions, they usually answer by email the same day and even follow up with you to see how things work out. They helped me a lot in selecting my AX8 bag. Pricey, yes, but this is the kind of bag that should come with PedalTrain boards.

The guys at Mono are very responsive and helpful. If you have questions, they usually answer by email the same day and even follow up with you to see how things work out. They helped me a lot in selecting my AX8 bag. Pricey, yes, but this is the kind of bag that should come with PedalTrain boards.

I actually ordered from Sweetwater (got a good deal). I own one of the dual mono guitar bags, it's great!

I use a Pedaltrain 2 with the tour case. I have an AX8, Shure GLXD, Radial Pro2 Di and Phase90 on the board and a PP2 attached below, offset a bit from center. i keep a 20' XLR cable and 20' IEC power cable with me as well. I lay the cables down on one side of the case, PP2 fits on other, snuggle it around until the board lays flat and close the case. Its a slight squish, but its just the foam pushing against the top of the AX8, no damage has happened and I prefer it, rather than it flopping around inside.

Plus those Mono bags look great if you are just slinging in and out of your car, but my stuff goes on a bus, by people other than me, so that would never work.

I use a Pedaltrain 2 with the tour case. I have an AX8, Shure GLXD, Radial Pro2 Di and Phase90 on the board and a PP2 attached below, offset a bit from center. i keep a 20' XLR cable and 20' IEC power cable with me as well. I lay the cables down on one side of the case, PP2 fits on other, snuggle it around until the board lays flat and close the case. Its a slight squish, but its just the foam pushing against the top of the AX8, no damage has happened and I prefer it, rather than it flopping around inside.

Plus those Mono bags look great if you are just slinging in and out of your car, but my stuff goes on a bus, by people other than me, so that would never work.

Do you mean the hard case that comes with the pedaltrain? Mine wouldn't come close to closing.

Do you mean the hard case that comes with the pedaltrain? Mine wouldn't come close to closing.
Yep. Ive heard the original Pedaltrain 1 and 2 work better than the current Classic series of boards as the Classic sits about 1" taller. The lid comes about 1/2"-1" to closing before i just have to kinda smush it closed.

Back
Top Bottom