Anyone else using 4 Expression pedals? Need a little help.

Joero6

Inspired
New Axe fx 2 XL -MFC Mk3 user trying to get this thing set up the way I want. So far I have 2 pedals working the way I want. Port 1 on the MFC has a Dunlop DVP3 acting as a volume only pedal. Port 2 has a Mission SP1 for a wah only. The Sp1 also uses the Switch 1+2 port so I can use the toe switch like a standard Wah. My goal, was to use a second Mission pedal for use as a Whammy only...and a 2nd Dvp3 to act as a "wildcard" Pedal ( anything ouside of controlling the volume, wah wah, and whammy). I recieved my 2nd dvp3 tonight and am having trouble getting it to work.

1st question, I read that Ext 1 can be assigned to any parameter, so should I make that my wildcard port? Would that make programming quicker and with less hassle?

• If so, I would like to leave port 2 as the already working Wah Wah, so is there an easy way to set up port 3 for a voulume only? Thanks Joe

It doesn't matter which XP ports you choose for each role. You just need to set (on the MFC) the right CC# for each port.

By default XP3 and XP4 aren't set to any CC#. You'll want to set them to CC#s of any two available Ext Ctrls. See Axe-FX I/O: CTRL menu for Ext Ctrl CC#s. (Ext Ctrl 1 = CC#16, etc.)

Or you could make XP 1-3 act as Ext Ctrl 1-3, and have XP4 as volume. That could be easier to work with later, but you don't actually need to make each XP port control the same-numbered Ext Ctrl.

It doesn't matter which XP ports you choose for each role. You just need to set (on the MFC) the right CC# for each port.

By default XP3 and XP4 aren't set to any CC#. You'll want to set them to CC#s of any two available Ext Ctrls. See Axe-FX I/O: CTRL menu for Ext Ctrl CC#s. (Ext Ctrl 1 = CC#16, etc.)

Or you could make XP 1-3 act as Ext Ctrl 1-3, and have XP4 as volume. That could be easier to work with later, but you don't actually need to make each XP port control the same-numbered Ext Ctrl.
Not sure what I am missing, but I am sure it is simple. In the above mentioned I/O CTRL Menu, ext 1 is 16 ext 2 is 17 three is 18 and 4 is 19. Do these need to be changed because 1 nad 2 work fine. What am i Missing, or is it something I changed in the MFC? Joe

Yes, set it on the MFC...

1. Press EDIT on the MFC-101
  2. Select MIDI (switch 4) options to edit
  3. Page Left (switch 6) twice
  4. UP/incr twice to go from XP1 to XP3
  5. Parameter Right (switch 12) and set XP3 to #018
  6. Parameter Left (switch 11) and hit the UP/incr button to go to XP4
  7. Parameter Right (switch 12) and set XP4 to #19
  8. Press EDIT again to SAVE

Be sure to calibrate the expression pedals, and then you can set your pitch blocks so ext3 is controlling the pitch parameter, and then have ext4 for controlling whatever else you want to assign still

Yes, set it on the MFC...

1. Press EDIT on the MFC-101
  2. Select MIDI (switch 4) options to edit
  3. Page Left (switch 6) twice
  4. UP/incr twice to go from XP1 to XP3
  5. Parameter Right (switch 12) and set XP3 to #018
  6. Parameter Left (switch 11) and hit the UP/incr button to go to XP4
  7. Parameter Right (switch 12) and set XP4 to #19
  8. Press EDIT again to SAVE

Be sure to calibrate the expression pedals, and then you can set your pitch blocks so ext3 is controlling the pitch parameter, and then have ext4 for controlling whatever else you want to assign still
Thanks so much, that did it. Joe

Man, I think you're the first guy I've run across (besides myself) who wanted this expression pedal setup (full time/dedicated vol, wah, whammy). My pedalboard is configured (expression pedals to the left of the MFC) 1. Volume 2. Wah 3. Whammy 4. Utility (trem speed, effect mix, clean to dirty morph, etc).

Don't know if anyone else is as picky as I am about the expression pedals being on the left side of the MFC, though. The reason I do it is because I don't have to worry about my right thigh hitting the bottom of the guitar while I'm playing (I wear my guitars a little low, not crazy low, but a bit). With the pedals on the left it also keeps them in my line of sight relative to the neck of the guitar - on top of not disturbing my picking hand when I pick my foot up to use an expression pedal.

Man, I think you're the first guy I've run across (besides myself) who wanted this expression pedal setup (full time/dedicated vol, wah, whammy). My pedalboard is configured (expression pedals to the left of the MFC) 1. Volume 2. Wah 3. Whammy 4. Utility (trem speed, effect mix, clean to dirty morph, etc).

Don't know if anyone else is as picky as I am about the expression pedals being on the left side of the MFC, though. The reason I do it is because I don't have to worry about my right thigh hitting the bottom of the guitar while I'm playing (I wear my guitars a little low, not crazy low, but a bit). With the pedals on the left it also keeps them in my line of sight relative to the neck of the guitar - on top of not disturbing my picking hand when I pick my foot up to use an expression pedal.
Same here lol Joe

Back
Top Bottom