Anyone else make it to the Dream Theater/Devin Townsend/AAL show in Phoenix last night?

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
I missed Animals As Leaders (sorry, Tosin, Javi and Matt) due to the unexpectedly low KWH/Mile in the heat, resulting in a long wait at the cherging station.. but damn was htht a good show.

Well that's the biggest strike against EVs that I've ever heard of. :tearsofjoy:
Yeah nah the only mistake was the short range battery. And the strike really is at Electrify America. Their chargers can’t handle the heat, half of them are always broken, the cables are too short, and there’s not nearly enough of them. We’re kinda stuck with them until Tesla Superchargers are accessible by Ford EV owners starting in 2024.
EVs are great, except the world just hasn’t ramped up the capacity yet.

Last edited:
How did LaBrie sound? First time I skipped a DT tour in many, many years.
Sounded good as far as I could tell. I was right behind the desk and tbh he was a little bit buried in the mix but I don’t see DT for the lyrics anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Saw all 3 bands in Philly. Fantastic showing by everyone. AAL I found oppressively loud. Devin was worth it alone with the stage presence, and monstrous tone. DT killed it though with their inclusion of my favorite sequence of songs from 6DoIT.

Worth the travel there. Also realized I’d seen enough prog for the year, except if Periphery adds a closer spot. :)

Back
Top Bottom