Anyone else lose MIDI after 11.0 update?

rp911

Inspired
I just updated my backup Ultra to 11.0 this morning, successfully ... no problem connecting via MIDI (Yamaha UX-16 interface) ... update went fine. But as soon as the Ultra rebooted to 11.0, AxeEdit lost the connection to it. Tried downloading the latest version of AxeEdit and connecting, with no results, just says "not connected." System ID on Ultra is 00 01 74 which matches what AxeEdit says. I am using a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.8 ... any thoughts?

I am having a similar issue, but some differences. Primarily, I updated to 11 when it first came out and just lost midi capability today. My axefx, midi cables, and interface have not moved in that entire time period (I only have my ultra setup for recording purposes so I don`t even use a footcontroller with it, just axedit). In the time since upgrading my midi response time has been getting worse and worse (changing between patches using axedit had a longer and longer delay where it would register in axedit and then come up 4 to 5 seconds later on my ultra). This morning I fired everything up and first thing I encountered was that my ultra changed patches on its own accord a few times and then when I opened up axedit I got no connectivity. I have now been able to get Axedit to say it is connected (system IDs match and all) but the two are definitely not communicating to each other (changes on the ultra are not reflected in Axedit and changes in Axedit are not reflected on the Ultra).

I have some new IRs and patches I would really like to check out :(

I am running a MidiSport2x2 and Windows 7 Pro and have had 0 issues since 8.x

I will drag out my old midi controller and see if that will communicate with it and report back in a bit

Back
Top Bottom