Anyone else having 6.00 "spillover" issues? BTW, I love 6.00!

nojyeloot

Experienced
With 5.07 I set up my spill over settings following this Wicked Wiki's steps under "Across Different Presets" since I use multiple presets paying special attention to "You must use Delay 1 and Delay 1 vs. Delay 1 and Delay 2":
Spillover of reverb/delay trails - Axe-Fx II Wiki

I have two groups of patches. Metal patches (simple: lead and rhythm) and Church/P&W patches (heavy delay/verb). Didn't notice any issues with my Metal patches, but definitely did with my Church patches.

When I would switch between patches with my Church patches my AxeFX II would almost make a hiccup/burping sound (I assume it's translating the delay spillover) trying to "gather its wits" going between patches it would take about a second to fully switch over and there's a spike in volume. Again, these EXACT patches worked TOTALLY fine before I upgraded to 6.00.

So, in attempt to remedy, I turned the spillover feature OFF in the global options. Still have the same problem. So, I then tried to strategically change the appropriate delays 1/2 to conflict (opposite between certain patches) to see if they would NOT spill over/hiccup/burp, but it still has the same problem. Haven't had any more time to try and tinker, but I will be tonight.

Any Ideas?

PS - I'm not complaining about 6.00 AT ALL, I love what I've heard so far, and love the new tuner and I'm sure it'll all be fine after either I figure it out, or there is an update to fix it. And no, I won't be selling it, just because I don't "like the change", so no "good buy" here cool2.gif. Thank you Cliff and FAS for your incredible product.

Assuming you have the editor on? Turn the editor off.

Thanks for replying Scott.

Yes, I definitely had Axe-Edit opened up. I could have sworn that I also closed it off/disconnected USB as well, but can't tell you with 100% confidence. I'll give that a go and report back.

Well, I'm ecstatically pleased that the problem was me and not the firmware/setting. You were right, Scott. I needed switch patches with my controller while Axe-Edit is NOT open. Thank again!

So this begs the question: is there something intrinsic in AxeEdit that won't allow the trails to function properly or is this a bug that could be fixed in the future?

Back
Top Bottom