Anyone else digging the Dirty Shirley 2?

Sixstring

Legend!
Most of the presets that I have been using live have been the Vox AC30TB. To say the least I have been burning on them just a tad :rolleyes: I went shopping for a new amp and thought I would give th DS2 a shot. At first it was pretty dark sounding and most of my guitars lean to the bright side of sound.

I twisted the Treble and Presents up to 6-7 added some low end EQ in the output section and there it was, that classic rock tone that I really like! The best thing is it didn't cost me a dime, Man I love my rig! :blush:

Thumbs up here, I made presets for a 90s Halloween gig all based on DS 1/2 and they rocked! Four channels of varying gain and a bit of input boost for certain tunes was all I needed

The AC30 on the other hand, never have gotten a sound I really liked but I want to

Haven't given the Dirty Shirley 2 a test drive yet. Will give it a try. I will say that I think the 'Spawn Q-Rod' just sounds amazing! That amp model is really tickling my ear bones. If you like Marshall type tones you will probably love this one.

How are you implementing them in your preset?

It goes from a slightly broken-up clean to Lead. Amps panned L/R running into two Dynacabs both set up with 1x12 G12T for cleans and the 4x12 1960TV for edge of breakup to gained right up.

Gain is all from the amps although I have been digging the tight setting on the Busom Boost (run fairly neutral) to tidy up the bottom end of the Dirty Shirley.

Haven't given the Dirty Shirley 2 a test drive yet. Will give it a try. I will say that I think the 'Spawn Q-Rod' just sounds amazing! That amp model is really tickling my ear bones. If you like Marshall type tones you will probably love this one.
I have played through those and yes they are really nice for that refined Marshall sound! Owned a Nitro for a hot minute but didn't care for the over the top gain it had.

The DS2 really shines for that Classic rock vibe like @NattyBar had posted Friedman has refined all of the things that made a JTM not all that likeable!

It goes from a slightly broken-up clean to Lead. Amps panned L/R running into two Dynacabs both set up with 1x12 G12T for cleans and the 4x12 1960TV for edge of breakup to gained right up.

Gain is all from the amps although I have been digging the tight setting on the Busom Boost (run fairly neutral) to tidy up the bottom end of the Dirty Shirley.
I will have to try that out!

FWIW, I own a Dirty Shirley Mini. I've sold off my tube amps other than that and my vintage 1965 Deluxe Reverb. While the DSM is less powerful than the DS, it's got the sound. It's an amazing amp...no pedals....all the dirt is controlled by your guitar's volume knob. When I got my Fractal, I went straight to the DS patch and was very disappointed. It was nothing like the real amp to me. Hopefully, the updates they've made will model the real amp more accurately.

FWIW, I own a Dirty Shirley Mini. I've sold off my tube amps other than that and my vintage 1965 Deluxe Reverb. While the DSM is less powerful than the DS, it's got the sound. It's an amazing amp...no pedals....all the dirt is controlled by your guitar's volume knob. When I got my Fractal, I went straight to the DS patch and was very disappointed. It was nothing like the real amp to me. Hopefully, the updates they've made will model the real amp more accurately.
What cab are you pairing your DSM with? I was toying with picking up this head and pairing it with a vertical 212 V30/GB combo!

One of my friend gets monstrous tone out of his Dirty Shirley. I put his settings into the the DS1 and 2 Axe models and one of them sounded and felt just like his...I don't remember which it was.

I have one preset using Dirty Shirley 2 and that is one of my favorite.
Some how I haven't made more preset using Dirty Shirley 2 but every time
I play Axe FX 3 I also using Dirty Shirley 2.
Sounds great, nice balance with bass / middle / treble and sound is flexible giving
very deep sound both in solos and rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom