Anyone change the Tonestack on their preset?

sparkle

Inspired
I saw a post on changing the Tonestack..

So I I have been messing with the SLO and the JCM 800 Tonestack… a nice different flavor…
I also noticed taking a SLO clean and master on 10…gain on 8…is pure AC\DC…and a little variac at 80%

Is anyone else doing this?

Would be interested in other variations

Last edited:
I saw a post on changing the Tonestack..

So I I have been messing with the SLO and the JCM 800 Tonestack… a nice different flavor…
I also noticed taking a SLO clean and master on 10…gain on 8…is pure AC\DC…and a little variac at 80%

Is anyone else doing this?

Would be interested in other variations
That’s a fav of mine it can get the Triamp / Mezzabarba kind of thing
If you change to EL34 and ECC83

Back off the LF and HF on the speaker page about 1.5 db
To compensate for the EL34 response

Negative FB on 2.5 for the Triamp Lead around 6 for thCrunchchannel

The B+ is around 6.5 to 7

It's a fun thing to do. I think I only have one preset that I saved doing it though. A SLO with a 59 Bassman preamp if I recall.

I wouldn't know where to begin. Do you just grab alternative tonestacks? Or are you trying for something specific?
"Yes."

It depends whether the goal is to create a specific amp, or you're experimenting. If you understand amp circuitry, and can recognize the tone stack based on the schematic or have it on good authority that it's a particular tone stack, then you can switch to the exact one. Otherwise, you can look at them and guess and try different ones. You won't break the modeler by experimenting.

It is like any “preamp” back in the day used with a VHT poweramp…. Well that amp would have kt88’s so,I change the power tube section in the fractals to kt88

I think one of the best use cases for changing the tone stack was in Austin Buddy's original preset to make a Dumble Steel String Singer.
You actually take an SVT bass amp and change the tone stack to "skyline" and put it in the "mid" position. This is essentially what a Steel String Singer is in real life. Makes for a great "chesty" clean tone

Back
Top Bottom