Anyone actually happy here and enjoying their gear?

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
i can’t help that notice that so many threads are very negative anymore.

“ I can’t beleive this feature isn’t included” or “how could a business do this choice” or “how dare they charge this much” or “how dare they cut my resale value” or “where are the updates for life I was promised” etc etc

I seems that for every one person who got a new unit, be it a ax8 or a III, here are like 5 or 10 people unhappy about a product, or a missing feature, or how FAS runs their business etc

We’ve got so mich great gear, from so many brands, modeling, low watt tube amps, deals left and right in reverb etc.

Seems like the best time ever to be a guitar player with so many options and people just seem so negative and entitled and just overall stressed about what for most of us is supposed to be a fun hobby or side gig away from the stress of daily life.

Certainly more upbeat than the likes of places like TGP where the world seems to be coming to an end in every thread but still...

Maybe the happy owners are just too busy playing to be posting ?

Wow yeah I couldn't' be happier. Can't believe how great it is to be a guitarist these days.

Put it this way I have had the III for a couple weeks and love it but still get lost in my AX8 and gig it. Love these things.

(I do go to TGP every now and then when I need drama - but that isn't often)

Here and Ztalk are great sources for discussion and ideas and positive vibes for me.

Just back from band rehearsal.
Recorded guitar (Axe II Mk ll ) bass and drums on a Presonus live / capture.
Can't imagine ever needing anything else (even though I would love the III).
Sounded as good as anything I have ever recorded.

Yep, having a whale of a good time! So many new technological advances from when I was a 16 year old electric guitarist (yes we had electricity back in those days) that it makes it super fun. I can now do things that you used to have to go into a professional studio to accomplish.

Happy here. I just wish I'd had access to gear this good when I was playing for a living in the '80s. What a game-changer that would have been.
No doubt! ADA MP1, Alesis Quad, noise gate, power amp...my bread-and-buttah back then. That rig couldn't come close to my Axe setup these days.

Personally I'd say the reason why so many address what they think are issues that could use improvements is because they care. If I didn't like my XL+ I wouldn't be here in the first place, because I would have sold it and moved. As I did with my Line 6 gear. The Axe FX is the first unit that has given me both most of the sounds I'm looking for, and most of the freedom to use it in the way I want too. However you can love a product and still think there's room for improvement. And one man's whining is another man trying to make something he likes even more better. granted, it may not always be aired in the most constructive ways, but then again good communication skills are an artform few of us are blessed with.

Agreed - I get sick of coming on here and reading negative stuff all the time...
We live in a time of whiners and complainers. The internet is an easy, anonymous platform to complain.
I was also floored when the axe 3 was announced, and people were already complaining about it all the things it didn't have - and it wasn't even out yet...
I have an XL and have enjoyed it for the past 5 years and continue to enjoy it.
The fact that theres a new model doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the current model, and it doesn't make it sound any worse. And I'm not complaining about the possible end of the firmware. Technology will always forge ahead - that's life.
Learn to deal and play your guitar and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Always felt forums have to be taken with a grain of salt. Anytime a given media deals also with trouble shooting and problem solving you will see an accumulation of troubles and problems... which can breed negativity... while happy campers are off playing their guitar and not posting. Wait.... what am I doing here?

There are people who could win the lottery and just complain about the taxes. As for me, I LOVE my FAS gear. I just ignore the threads that are really negative and if the poster is a jerk, then I just block them. Easy peezy.

First world problems can be very entertaining.

This.

And it's a fact that people post less when they're happy. The one's that are disappointed they didn't get <some feature> in the new unit, or, incredibly, that they say they should have been warned (as to not lose market value.)

But yes, the level of indignation and entitlement is sometimes hard to take.

Yet I believe that there are MANY more positive folks on this board than *other*. Certainly compared to any other board I've been around (except for VoxTalks maybe...those guys were HAPPY....but of course that board went belly up.)

The funny thing about discussion forums is that people....discuss things.

Voicing a concern or pointing out an issue or a shouldn't be stigmatized in and of itself. Granted, it would be nice if people were civil and constructive about it.....

As for me, I'm happy, happy, happy. :D

Well I'm as happy as a pig in muck as we say here in rural England!!!!

I just love playing guitar and making music. Have some great gear now - Mostly Fractal for tech but if the AX8 and FX2 were swallowed up by mother earth I'd plug into something and enjoy it!!

I've only held off giving my complete thoughts on the III until I can get my hands on an FC-12. Like the Axe-FX II, my own personal presets will be molded to meet the utility of the footswitch I have to work with. The MFC was frustrating for me, but from all that's been publicized about the FC, all of my gripes should be addressed.

But the III by itself sounds incredible, the front panel is much better, and I have no fear of bumping up against the CPU's limits. I'm a happy customer.

Sadly, the internet is an unpleasant place because for whatever reason people find it easier to express themselves negatively rather than positively.

No doubt! ADA MP1, Alesis Quad, noise gate, power amp...my bread-and-buttah back then. That rig couldn't come close to my Axe setup these days.

I got out of the game before the MP1 and Quadraverb were available. (Picked those up after I got out of the business, lol.) I was using stomp boxes that had been mounted in a rack (with an Echoplex on a stand next to me), and a homemade solid state switching system to put them in and out of my signal chain. Antiques by today's standard, lol. Ran a Deluxe Reverb as my clean channel and a Music Man 65 watt combo going into a Music Man 412 cab for the crunchy stuff.

Didn't gig for 30 years or so, and then started doing it again for fun about 5 years ago with WAY better gear than I ever imagined was possible. Great time to be a guitarist, indeed!

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
:):p:):p:)

Great time to be a guitarist, indeed!

Tech wise we are living in the golden age. The sky is the limit, both with the Axe and a lot of other gear. There's never been so much choice in quality gear. Musically however we guitarists are fast becoming irrelevant though. Rock music is dying and when the last of the major rock bands die or retire nothing will replace them. Unless a miracle happens rock will suffer the same fate as the music styles it supplanted.

Back
Top Bottom