Anybody using their Axe-FX II on Apple silicon?

heanjurrera

Hey all. Am planning on upgrading to a new Macbook, but I can’t seem to find any concrete info on whether the AxeFx 2 (mk I) works well using a USB B A to C cable (apart from this post that seems to imply that it doesn’t unless you use some sort of adapter), or if the best option is to use either a USB hub, or just SPDIF into my interface.

Anybody got experience with this?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I didn't bother with a special cable. I just plugged a normal printer cable into a USB-A hub on my M1 Macmini. Much to my surprise, it worked fine. Of course the big question is how many ports will the new MBP have when it's announced Monday? :).

Currently on a 9 year old iMac and I'm planning to buy the new MacBook Pro on Monday.
Worst case scenario is I'll have to keep the iMac for a while until a FM9 comes my way.

Hey all. Am planning on upgrading to a new Macbook, but I can’t seem to find any concrete info on whether the AxeFx 2 (mk I) works well using a USB B to C cable (apart from this post that seems to imply that it doesn’t unless you use some sort of adapter), or if the best option is to use either a USB hub, or just SPDIF into my interface.

Anybody got experience with this?

Cheers.
It works fine. I have my Axe-Fx II XL+ (not a mk. 1 but surely the same result) plugged into a USB A port on a USB 3 (C) hub...no problems. I also tested it with an Apple A-to-C dongle and no problems there either. [M1 MacBook Air]

Last edited:
It works fine. I have my Axe-Fx II XL+ (not a mk. 1 but surely the same result) plugged into a USB A port on a USB 3 (C) hub...no problems. I also tested it with an Apple A-to-C dongle and no problems there either. [M1 MacBook Air]
Perfect, glad to hear that! Thank you. Definitely one less thing to worry about in the midst of upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom