Anybody using the II with 4 cable method, I tried it tonight

In 4cm, out 2 connects to the amp input. When using the Axe in the effect loop of the amp, it is only out 1...so it has got to be an issue with out 2, but Fractal Support said with my Axe (mark2), the mod wasn't necessary. Which makes me curious about the ART clean box....

When using the Axe in the effect loop of the amp, it is only out 1...so it has got to be an issue with out 2

No, the difference is going into the front end, adding loads of gain to it, and into the loop. You can lower the noise floor by adjusting output boost/pad as far as it goes before loosing tone or clipping.

If anyone wants to test whether theirs have the mod or not, they can try this: remove everything from the grid, even the straight cable. You want to rule out everything prior to the output itself. Turn both output levels to max. Then just hook up a cable to the front end of your amp...do you get more hiss from out 2 than 1? If so...... :cool:

The Mark V is a serial loop...will the ebtech be useful still?

Yes, and if anything it will also be a balancing act with the send level on the loop of the Mark V. Unless it is a true serial loop you may still have issues (I don't believe their loops are). Need to make sure there is no bleed through when bypassed (you can put a tuner with a bypass in the loop, if you hear signal bleed coming through....then not true serial).

I had similar issues with a Triple Recto and the EB tech helped....when I was using a Gsystem. I had the same issue with the AxeII....then tried another amp with a 'true' serial loop....no problems.

No, the difference is going into the front end, adding loads of gain to it, and into the loop. You can lower the noise floor by adjusting output boost/pad as far as it goes before loosing tone or clipping.

I have used several different boost/pad settings from the IO menu, but it still introduces far more noise than when just putting the Axe into the amps loop. Anyone else use a Mark V in 4cm and enjoying success??

So far, the noise with the axe in 4cm is a deal breaker. I love the axe, and I love the Mesa. The axe works great in the loop of the amp- but then the flexibility in effect routing is compromised.
Pissed.

Back
Top Bottom