anybody still holding out for email?

JohnBee

Inspired
seems like several people have said to heck with the $100 email/coupon and just ordered it. I'm still holding out but wondering everyday why. It appears there's no indication as to when to expect an email as far as I can tell. Am I correct? I got on the list in July 2008.

It's obviously in Fractal Audio's financial interest not to discount their products. With the MFC-101 already selling well at US$749, they may not be in any big hurry to provide discount coupons to anyone, potentially those who may have been on the "wait list.". By delaying any discounting, Fractal Audio runs the risk of alienating the wait-listers, but anecdotal evidence already suggests that many of those prospects have already chosen to forgo their putative discounts, and to purchase at full price.

There may remain a smaller "core" of wait-listers who intend to buy, but who have not yet purchased. These people may be looking for some kind of acknowledgment from Fractal for their early interest in the MFC-101 controller. I think it might be cheaper, overall, for Fractal Audio to offer the wait-listers the opportunity to purchase some exclusive item, such as a hat or a t-shirt which is not available to the general public, in lieu of a discount on the MFC-101.

I get a kick out of reading "Fractal Audio" as if we are talking about some corporate entity rather than just Cliff and how many units fit in his trunk each day. Given what has already been explained, you shouldn't expect to get an email until the supply exceeds demand by at least a few hours.

I'm waiting for an email.. I'm in no hurry its a luxury, I'll wait another year if I have to, when I get my email I'll buy the product

I'm waiting. Will probably just stick with my 2 RJM MasterMinds ultimately......dunno yet.

I'm still waiting. It's a luxury for sure, and frankly, with the rather pricey $100 shipping fee to Canada, I'll take any $100 discount offered to me haha. Can't wait though!!! :D

When you think about it, the MFC is well worth 749.00. For what it does and the competition that is in the same league (and the price of those units)it is a priced more than fair.

Does anybody know what the deal is with the email/coupon do you have to use it within so many days? With the axe fx If I remember correctly I had to use the email coupon within so many days to get the discount.

No email yet here and yes I am holding out. Actually I am waiting to see how everyone deploys the MFC and what they encounter from a feature set perspective. So far it seems there are at least a couple features that I use on the LFP that it appears the MFC doesn't do.

TBurst Std said:
So far it seems there are at least a couple features that I use on the LFP that it appears the MFC doesn't do.

The MFC is definitely lacking compared to Gordius and Liquidfoot, I am hoping Cliff adds features as time permits there are several features from the LFP I miss.

gittarzann said:
When you think about it, the MFC is well worth 749.00. For what it does and the competition that is in the same league (and the price of those units)it is a priced more than fair.

Oh it is worth $749. Add another $150 to that, and you'd be paying the same as us here in Europe. I'm not bitter though :lol:

I have no problem holding out. I have something that works just fine until I get my email. I still have to get a couple of CC control pedals before I can use it fully anyway. The $$ savings from the email will pay for one of the CC control pedals.

I'll wait.

I'm holding out as well.
I've got a pair of Lexicon R1 controllers that work just fine and have been solid and reliable.
The MFC will be a step up for sure, but I'd rather save $100.00 then make an unnecessary impulse purchase. ;)

I don't play live and am in the middle of building a fire pit, gazebo and bbq island in the back yard so the money is going elsewhere for now. When I get my email from the "Last In Line Coupon List", I'll buy it.

cheers,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom