Anybody have global blocks get weird after upgrading to Q 7.01?

Eric T Amble

Inspired
Hi everybody,

So, for my Axe-Fx II Mark II's (mono) presets, I use a setup like this after the AMP block:
  • Crossover -> two CABs in parallel (one for highs, one for lows) -> Filter (for lead boost)
...these are global blocks, so that every song gets the same cabs, split at the same crossover frequency. It sounds great! Citrus mix on top for smooth highs, and dephased V30 + T75 on the bottom for tightness. On scene changes (to the "Lead" scene), the filter takes 1000 ms to boost 666 Hz about 3 dB. \m/

BUT, after updating to Q 7.01, the global filter was wide open with the output level at max, one CAB's input was stereo (it should have been "Left" when fed by the crossover), and the other CAB had its high and low cut reset. It was scary having all my presets clipping the output!

Has anybody seen anything like this? What happened? It seems OK after I edited and re-saved the global blocks, but is there anything more I should do?

Thanks,
Eric

There was some kind of global blocks bug fix in 7.01 (see release notes). I would imagine re-saving like you did is all it needed.

I had the same kind of problem with 7.0, current settings would not store to global blocks. After updating to 7.1 I checked about 12 presets and all looked good, but I haven't checked all 250+ presets.. will find out tonight at gig! Lol

Back
Top Bottom