Anybody have a flanger setting emulating a Boss HF2 Hi Band Flanger?

Will Schut

Experienced
The Hi Band Flanger by Boss just might be my favorite flanger out there and I just can’t seem to dial in a flanger sound on the Axe FX that really comes close to it. If there’s anybody out there who did succeed in “capturing” the Hi Band sound and who‘s willing to share the settings (or the Block) I would be very, very grateful.

The Hi Band Flanger by Boss just might be my favorite flanger out there and I just can’t seem to dial in a flanger sound on the Axe FX that really comes close to it. If there’s anybody out there who did succeed in “capturing” the Hi Band sound and who‘s willing to share the settings (or the Block) I would be very, very grateful.
Try the MXR flanger
And set the sweep to always start the higher-band up sweep and not the low sweep you can trigger it so the point it starts is the same
Like EVH in Unchained if that is what you mean
My recollection of that Flanger is that it’s sweep is up
Hopefully that’s what you are looking for

It flanges one octave up and I've tried using pitch and flange blocks and got some interesting sounds but not the one I'm looking for so I've kept my Boss HF2. There's really nothing else like it aside from the Behringer clone of course.

It flanges one octave up and I've tried using pitch and flange blocks and got some interesting sounds but not the one I'm looking for so I've kept my Boss HF2. There's really nothing else like it aside from the Behringer clone of course. I’ve kept mine to, it’s a unique flanger sound that I really like a lot.using really short delay times got me somewhat in the ballpark, but not where I wanted to end up.
Same here, kept my HF2 as well. Itried really short delay times and that kinda got me in the ballpark, but not where I wanted to end up.

Try the MXR flanger
And set the sweep to always start the higher-band up sweep and not the low sweep you can trigger it so the point it starts is the same
Like EVH in Unchained if that is what you mean
My recollection of that Flanger is that it’s sweep is up
Hopefully that’s what you are looking for
I have tried something similar, but I feel like there is something different going on in the HF2. I’m not even sure about the whole “octave up” thing. To my ears it sounds like a shorter and therefore more subtle delay is applied and the name “Hi Band” is somewhat misleading. But I could be wrong, I have no technical knowhow about these things whatsoever.

In another thread I happened to mention the HF2 yet again and this time M@ chimed in:

"I had to use the Resonator block with an LFO for that one."
Then I discovered that this "trick" was used in the Sweep Resonator preset, as confirmed by M@:
"Oh yeah. I forgot that we included it there!"
So, quest fulfilled as far as I'm concerned. Thanks to M@!!
Here you can read the thread I'm talking about:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/this-is-why-i-use-pedals-with-axefx-why-do-you.190509/

Back
Top Bottom