Anybody else getting tempted to sell for an AxeFx2?

The price is $2499. First units expected to start shipping March 1st.

I still think the axefx 2 XL+ won't go for much less than 1400 and more consistently closer to 1600, especially once the closeout sale is done.

But that's why I'm looking more for a mark 1... Does all I need and costs even less.

You can't go wrong buying used, from an economic standpoint. You can always resell for close to what you paid (if not more) and upgrade to the III later.

Yeah. I finally went and checked out the full list of upgrades from Mk1/2 to XL+...I think I might actually need to hold out for at least an XL. Just means I probably won't be able to snag an MFC with it, but I can make do with other options easily enough.

Its going to be $2499

When the Axe-Fx II came out it was $2100 I believe. Fractal hardly raised the price, even though the III has a lot of new features like the big color screen etc.
That's just for the unit. The new foot controller is going to be another 700-800. Anyone who plans to gig with a III is going to need the foot controller. After cables, shipping, tax, etc. it's going to be $3,500.

They are going for pretty cheap. One in the emporium for $1299 that hasn't sold yet and was listed 3 or 4 days ago.

I hardly see any XLs being sold here but it seems like the III is flushing out a whole lot of Ultras for less than 1000€.

Starting to see prices on AxeFX2+MFC fall into the 1200-1500$ range and I'm really having a hard time not posting the ax8 up to try and upgrade. I've got an Engl poweramp to sell as well, so between the two I think I could cover the cost, I would just likely end up with a Mark1 or 2 with an MFC mark 1 or 2, rather than XL+ & mark3. OR I could maybe just get an XL+ on its own and use a cheaper midi controller for the time being.

I know a large number of us here use the AX8 by preference rather than by not being able to afford the flagship, but for those of us that bought the ax8 because of the affordable entry into the Fractal world....this is really a pretty awesome time to try and get a few pennies back out of it and finally get that rack.

Then again....could also probably just sit tight for another year or two, save some pennies here and there, eventually buy the axefxIII outright and still have the ax8 for the portable/backup rig.

Decisions, amirite?

I actually did the inverse. Sold the Axe II for the AX8. Much more convenient for me to carry around.

That's just for the unit. The new foot controller is going to be another 700-800. Anyone who plans to gig with a III is going to need the foot controller. After cables, shipping, tax, etc. it's going to be $3,500.
You’re not wrong, but it’s weird to evaluate the cost of a piece of gear based on what you “need” to buy with it. Like, “I’m going to buy a new guitar that costs $4000. The guitar is $2000. After cables and a new amp, it’s $4000.” Confusing.

As for me, my current midi pedal should be more than adequate. The III claims “extensive midi support” and I have no intention of buying a new controller any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom