Any Yes fans ?

I am positively a Yes fan.
I created the Starship Flanger preset. Using the right guitar is absolutely essential for those tones.
I also created, or totally re-did, the Lonely Hearts solo preset. I've worked with Trevor Rabin but not Steve Howe.

Ironically, Howe is a big Line 6 guy. His most recent guitar tech (he's left to work as the tech for Metheny's keyboardist, don't know if he's been replaced yet) is a close friend of mine.

Yes is my favorite all time next to the Beatles. Steve Howe is one of the most creative guitarists of all time. I still can’t play most of his stuff!

Back on the day he was a Fender amp guy. I’d think a Twin with the right guitar gets pretty close to his sound. His tone overall isn’t exceptional on its own. It’s his phrasing and how it all fits into the mix since he’s not a rock guitar hero type player.

Thank you @Admin M@ for the Starship Trooper flanger!!!

Yes is my favorite all time next to the Beatles. Steve Howe is one of the most creative guitarists of all time. I still can’t play most of his stuff!

Back on the day he was a Fender amp guy. I’d think a Twin with the right guitar gets pretty close to his sound. His tone overall isn’t exceptional on its own. It’s his phrasing and how it all fits into the mix since he’s not a rock guitar hero type player.

Thank you @Admin M@ for the Starship Trooper flanger!!!
All of this (except Yes is first for me ;-). His main guitar back in the day was an ES-175, and a 345 for most of Close to the Edge. As @Admin M@ said, pretty essential for his tone.

Big Yes fan since my early teens right about the time I started playing guitar. I go through spells of not listening to them then I put my favorite albums on repeat for a while. I do the same with Zappa, Beatles, Rush, etc.

My first concert after moving to Nashville 21 years ago was Yes/Kansas. Great show, I miss the Starwood Amphitheater
:/

Will never forget hearing the Yes Album for the first time. I was in a Lafeyette Electronics store and it started playing over the stores PA system. I thought I was hearing rock music from another planet. I asked an employee who it was and he took me over to where the LP was playing. I went straight to the record store across the street and bought it.

Saw them 8 times back in the day(with Wakeman, or Moraz, Bruford or White and the 90125 band). Saw John Anderson do a solo show, all acoustic, about 5 years ago.

Close to the Edge will always be one of the musical masterpieces of my lifetime. Listening to it through my Senn HD600s at night with the lights out is still a religious experience.🙏

I'm a fickle fan. What guitar player doesn't know the intro to Roundabout? Although I was born in the 60's, my musical 'childhood' was during the 80's so 90125 and Big Generator are the albums I can 'relate to' more. The rest of their music was a bit 'out there' to me.

Definitely. I own and listen to the entire discography. This weekend, I heard "Rhythm of Love" from the album Big Generator in Trader Joe's. I bought an extra turnip to indicate approval. Then they followed it up with Tom Sawyer and now I'm eating turnips for a week.

A highlight: I met the whole band in the 80s at a private party they held in NYC when I was "just a fan", but then I got to work with Trevor Rabin a few years ago on his Axe-Fx rig. I later went to a show "ARW" and got to spend a day with the band and crew.

Back
Top Bottom