Any word on the FM3 getting the Axe III's Pitch Block?

Not too versed with the pitch block. I have a preset with a full step drop with hi gain and it's a lot of fun to screw around with. Not sure how it compares to the Axe3 but I get some lag, almost like a noise gate with the threshold set very high. Is this the complaint with the FM3 pitch block? Just curious.

Not too versed with the pitch block. I have a preset with a full step drop with hi gain and it's a lot of fun to screw around with. Not sure how it compares to the Axe3 but I get some lag, almost like a noise gate with the threshold set very high. Is this the complaint with the FM3 pitch block? Just curious.
about a year ago there was an update for the Axe FX 3 with greatly improved latency for the pitch block. There has been alot of people wishing this feature would eventually get ported over to the FM3. There has been slow movements in this regard. I'm just looking to see if there is any new updates on this.

Not too versed with the pitch block. I have a preset with a full step drop with hi gain and it's a lot of fun to screw around with. Not sure how it compares to the Axe3 but I get some latency, almost like a noise gate with the threshold set very high. Is this the complaint with the FM3 pitch block? Just curious.
FTFY.

And yes; while the FM3's pitch block isn't terrible (I still use it exclusively as my pitch shifter in my 90's cover band), the Axe's is SOOoooo much better after the update and has significantly lower latency. It's still not perfect, but by comparison, it's massively better.

If you play fast riffs, the pitch simply does not follow - it wobbles and lags and just can't handle fast playings.
Simple laid back chords are not the problem ... :)

If you play fast riffs, the pitch simply does not follow - it wobbles and lags and just can't handle fast playings.
Simple laid back chords are not the problem ... :)
But is it even going to work with the
updated block for that ?
there is a post in the AX3 thread
playing clean 1 semintone up and there is warble unless its a bug in the beta

But is it even going to work with the
updated block for that ?
there is a post in the AX3 thread
playing clean 1 semintone up and there is warble unless its a bug in the beta
Yeah, no; clean still sounds like warbly garbage even on the Axe III’s pitch shifter; any pitch shifter for that matter. But for edge of breakup to high gain, it sounds fantastic. Needs a little dirt to disguise the warbliness.

Yeah, no; clean still sounds like warbly garbage even on the Axe III’s pitch shifter; any pitch shifter for that matter. But for edge of breakup to high gain, it sounds fantastic. Needs a little dirt to disguise the warbliness.
it would be cool to be able to capo
up clean to be able to play Kenny Rogers The Gambler

it would be cool to be able to capo
up clean to be able to play Kenny Rogers The Gambler
Your best bet would be to grab a Variax and set up a custom tuning. It's really 6 individual mono pitch shifters so it sounds much better for cleans/acoustics.

What helix can also do fm3. the pitch block in the helix is very good
The Helix’s pitch shifting is equivalent to the FM3’s pitch shifting, NOT the Axe III’s pitch shifting. That’s why we’re all hoping for the improved algorithm.

Any more news or sources that may indicate an eventual release? Need to keep the hope burning. Really don't want to use Helix Native or The Drop haha.
No more word. I suspect within the next couple months they’ll give us a definite “yes, it can be done and will be released XXXX date,” or “No, sadly, it’s just not possible to make it happen on the less-powerful hardware.”

Back
Top Bottom