Any way to test DSP limits of patches without a unit?

dk_ace

Experienced
I’m on the wait list. Is there any way for me to test whether or not the things I want to do are possible with the unit without actually having it? Looks like you can’t use axe-edit without a unit. Is there a dsp per model table published or something? Trying to confirm it has the power to build the kinds of patches I want to use before my name comes up on the list.

D

Not really but if you post a signal chain here you'll find people with units are often kind enough to tell you if it'll work or not.

i used to make a chart with the CPU usage for every firmware for various units, but it's extremely time consuming and i got a lot of complaints directed toward me for it, so i won't be making those anymore.

as iaresee said, let us know what you may want to build and those with the FM9 can try it out and let you know.

i used to make a chart with the CPU usage for every firmware for various units, but it's extremely time consuming and i got a lot of complaints directed toward me for it, so i won't be making those anymore.

as iaresee said, let us know what you may want to build and those with the FM9 can try it out and let you know.
Ha... why would someone want to complain about someone else doing the work so they don't have to in order to fine out otherwise basic information? Shame, I guess it just goes to show that trying to help others doesn't always reward you with the thanks one deserves.

I remember that list Chris! and I do know what it takes to get it even though it may not really be needed for this unit your work was appreciated!

You can check the videos that are available on youtube of the FM9 ,there you can see some examples of signal chain.
There are demos of some presets that have double amps, double Reverb (in ultra high), two delay, stereo cab (ultra reso) and the CPU is 50%.
So you have room to put a drive, chorus, phaser, tremolo, wah,flanger and looper etc ... (those effects consume little cpu).

Fractal says the FM9 has twice the processing of the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom