Any tricks for recreating MXR Flanger/Doubler?

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there!
I have watching many of Dime's videos and others videos and tried to duplicate the MXR Doubler/Flanger effect but without success.
I have tried MXF-117 but didn't get the result.
Any tricks anyone?
I have tone matched with pantera's isolated track and got damn close but the curiosity is always leading me.

There’s a thread or two about replicating the TC Electronics Mimic pedal, which is a double-tracked guitar emulator. Maybe that mixed with the flanger?

Dimes selling his rig on reverb for $11k

Dimebag was murdered 15 years ago. :(

But there is someone selling a rack they put together of all the gear he used on Reverb.

Dime Rig

Having owned a MXR Flanger/Doubler specifically to attempt the Dime tone, I ended up selling it as I felt any subtle modulation was close enough. The F/D was unique but IMO not so much that I wouldn't be satisfied with a chorus or similar. If I remember correctly, the F/D mix was only set to about 25% and he was then running 1 or 2 other amps dry, so assuming the F/D was quite low in the overall mix. There's a pretty great Dime preset here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dimebag-darrell-cowboys-from-hell-tone.159319/
That's far closer than I could have ever gotten, even with the correct gear.

There’s a thread or two about replicating the TC Electronics Mimic pedal, which is a double-tracked guitar emulator. Maybe that mixed with the flanger?

Dimebag was murdered 15 years ago. :(

But there is someone selling a rack they put together of all the gear he used on Reverb.

Dime Rig
I didn't know, thanks for the clarification, I actually found this thread in a search as I use to own a two MXR blue faces, a flanger and pitch transposer (see my avatar from the 80's) and was searching how my FM3 can sound like the regen setting in the pitchtransposer but looks like its not possible.
All the best and best regards to deceased...

Having owned a MXR Flanger/Doubler specifically to attempt the Dime tone, I ended up selling it as I felt any subtle modulation was close enough. The F/D was unique but IMO not so much that I wouldn't be satisfied with a chorus or similar. If I remember correctly, the F/D mix was only set to about 25% and he was then running 1 or 2 other amps dry, so assuming the F/D was quite low in the overall mix. There's a pretty great Dime preset here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dimebag-darrell-cowboys-from-hell-tone.159319/
That's far closer than I could have ever gotten, even with the correct gear.
I owned one too, as well as blue face pitch transposer, both were a regret to sell unfortunately at that moment I was strapped for money if I had known the value of these now I'd never would let them go...

Back
Top Bottom