Any thoughts on the Yamaha MSR400's with the Axe-Fx?

Trotter said:
PS. Do I need the subwoofer as well?
Not if you're just using it for guitar (no bass and/or low synth sounds), and probably not ever if you're using it for monitoring because you'll likely hear plenty of bass from the house PA.

And just to clarify... as long as you're getting enough bass (frequencies, not instruments), it doesn't much matter what kind of speaker you're getting it from. I've done more than one gig without subs for the PA because the mains I was using put out enough bass on their own.

Burst power of 400W means *probably* only 100W sustained power. It's typical for this type of powered monitor to have a 6dB short-term headroom above maximum sustainable levels.

I have one and use every week at church with my axe fx. To give you some idea of my reference point, I also have a verve 12ma and 8ma. I find the msr400 to compete very well with the verve's. There may be a tad bit more sparkle on the top end due to the horn in the yamaha, but I find that it does a great job. Toe to toe with the verve's I find it a great choice, I'm glad I have one. I compared them side by side with 12ma and I like the yamaha very much.

ckofahl said:
I have one and use every week at church with my axe fx. To give you some idea of my reference point, I also have a verve 12ma and 8ma. I find the msr400 to compete very well with the verve's. There may be a tad bit more sparkle on the top end due to the horn in the yamaha, but I find that it does a great job. Toe to toe with the verve's I find it a great choice, I'm glad I have one. I compared them side by side with 12ma and I like the yamaha very much.

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom