Any Suzuki Hayabusa owners on here?

Dixiethedog

Experienced
A friend showed up at my house yesterday and said, "Can you help me sell my busa?"
We discussed a price, selling on the auction site and other used bike sites, and discussed ideas about moving the bike on to a new owner.
Then my friend said, "If I could get £xxxx for it just to make some garage space I would be happy".
"I'll have it!!" I said.
I have already owned a Gen1 Busa and even though I am a slow rider it was fun. And when I sold it I got my money back so it was basically a free bike to own.

This bike is ugly. It has the most horrible paint job that I have seen on a bike. It has horrible gold rubbish bits and pieces tacked onto it and at the moment I would be embarrassed to ride it.

However, it has lightweight wheels, good tyres, a new chain and sprocket set, fully rebuilt and serviced suspension, Brembo brakes, a power commander, a race 4-1 exhaust, a nice comfy handlebar conversion, and the choice between a standard length swingarm or an extended drag arm. And a nitrous kit. It has dyno sheets showing that it made over 190hp without gas. It has run in the 9's down the dragstrip.

But it is ugly!!

I am hoping to paint it back to a standard 1999 paint scheme ASAP, remove any gold fitting, and make it more pleasing to the eye.

Wish me luck!!

If you are a Busa fan what would you do with it? :oops:

P1030577 (2).JPGP1030579 (2).JPGP1030588.JPG

I’m not a “busa” guy but you sure are right about it being ugly! What would I do? Well…..I’m not a busa guy. Suzuki are good engineers so I’m sure it’s ok. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks
Pauly

Not a street bike rider but I am familiar with the Busa engine! Ditch the stickers it looks like a kid owned it, the gold bits don't work with the White/ Baby Blue colour scheme, paint it all black and put the side fairing back on and it works! suzuki GSXR1300R 99  1.jpg

I usually see the Busa engines in these little mini Sand Cars or Sierra Cross carts which are getting really popular and stupid expensive!

download.jpgimages.jpg

I remember when that bike came out in '99. The original copper bodywork was very cool. That would be my plan. You also may be able to sell it. To the right people a 1999 Busa is a sought after bike.

Thank you all for your input.

I have searched forums and have found a few nicely painted examples.
One of the ideas that I like is the no decal nice and clean look like the one somewhere below. But from a selling point, I could be tempted to paint it in the period-correct copper paint scheme (as mentioned by @rcm78 ). I now need to find the paint codes and get some paints ordered.

busa.jpg
F5EA7826-6BAF-41D3-B57C-9AAFF277757B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom