Any success in a strings/orchestra synth?

Gizmo

Inspired
My band wants to play a song from 10,000 Maniacs Unplugged and it doesn't have much guitar (except for a cool violin solo that I'll try to replicate). Anyway, I thought that strumming along on acoustic would be rather boring and thought I might try to tackle the background string section. Could sort of pull it of with a compressed lead sound, but not really what I'm looking for. Anyone have a patch using synth or possibly some sort of auto volume swell to try to emulate a violin? I'm using an Ultra by the way. I tried messing around with the synth block, but couldn't get it to work at all. Didn't see anything in the presets that seemed promising. Some of the ambient stuff might work, just need to adjust the attack and decay.

Try searching for celloMK on axechange. That's a cool preset. Tried it with Ebow, it's really nice. Just hook the vol block up with a envelope and the swell is there.

I use crystals with delays and a volume pedal for string effects. Set the crystals for an octave up, set the mix really high, add additional delay and reverb, use a volume pedal or an envelope for swells, it's pretty cool.

I actually program it to fade it in behind my guitar. Sometimes I don't want to haul my real guitar synth, and this does a great job of faking strings behind me. But if you mix the main guitar way back I'm sure you could emphasize the crystals.
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom