Any recent Alex Lifeson/Spirit of Radio presents available?

I am new to the fractal family and was recently admiring some of the older discussions on The Spirit of Radio flanger (search forum for "Axe-Fx III Flanger?" topic). @steadystate shared a sound clip that, in my opinion, has the best sounding TSOR intro I have ever heard. Perhaps he would be willing to share the preset (please!)? Even though it was 6 years ago, it would be great to study the settings to see how he achieved such a great match.

My preset for TSOR is for the Axe II. I use the phase shifter, as no flanger type or setting (even with negative feedback) produced as realistic a result. Every source I've ever seen states it is a flanger, and I have no reason to doubt this. But I have to go with my available gear and my ears. The III has new flanger types including Spirit Flange and Hemisflange, but I still use the Phaser as it still sounds closer to my ears.

I posted a comparison clip a while back, and have shared it below. The first half is a flanger, and the second half a phase shifter. I'll take a look and see what my phaser settings were when I get a chance.

My preset for TSOR is for the Axe II. I use the phase shifter, as no flanger type or setting (even with negative feedback) produced as realistic a result. Every source I've ever seen states it is a flanger, and I have no reason to doubt this. But I have to go with my available gear and my ears. The III has new flanger types including Spirit Flange and Hemisflange, but I still use the Phaser as it still sounds closer to my ears.

I posted a comparison clip a while back, and have shared it below. The first half is a flanger, and the second half a phase shifter. I'll take a look and see what my phaser settings were when I get a chance.

My preset (above) indeed uses a phaser, and I'm pretty certain it's because you suggested it years ago. I was skeptical but my ears agreed with you.

Back
Top Bottom