Any RCF NX12 users left ?

I used to have an NX 12 but now use CLRs. Both sound good but with the NX12 I was always too loud, too soft, too loud, too soft... I think because of the tighter dispersion field. Two in stereo would work better.

I used to have an NX 12 but now use CLRs. Both sound good but with the NX12 I was always too loud, too soft, too loud, too soft... I think because of the tighter dispersion field. Two in stereo would work better.

Did you not find the CLR's sounding more scooped in comparison to the RCF? Not bagging on the CLR. Maybe they need to be broken in more. At present though, I cannot EQ to them and get a FOH tone that is dialed in right. Maybe I am doing it all wrong!

Did you not find the CLR's sounding more scooped in comparison to the RCF? Not bagging on the CLR. Maybe they need to be broken in more. At present though, I cannot EQ to them and get a FOH tone that is dialed in right. Maybe I am doing it all wrong!

Well that would be really weird. I tested the RCF's and the CLRs in multiple locations and by all ears they were much flatter than the RCF's. The clinical data backs this up as well. In fact it not being scooped has caused a lot of confusion. Also, about being broken in, I don't think that's the case either since a few on the forum have hammered their CLR and then tested against a brand new one with no noticeable difference. I wouldn't say I've hammered mine but have compared them to the neo's after considerable use and even then did not notice a difference - not that there isn't one but nothing noticeable to me in a live setting.

What do you mean that by "I cannot EQ to them and get a FOH tone that is dialed in right"? Are you going direct to FOH and to the CLR? What is the PA?

Last edited:
For what its worth. I use ADAM A7's in the studio, the tones I setup in the studio need very minimal tweaking when playing with the band using the RCF N12SMA as monitors. Therefore I conclude that they are flat enough to get the job done! I just have to keep in mind that I will have more bottom & volume going through the RCF speakers. The RCF translation to FOH sound is very representative. I know this because I use a wireless and setup sound for the band.
I also use the monitors for vocals, if the RCF's were scooped, that would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom