Any plans for more Drives in FX8 firmware ?

moltisanti

Inspired
It would be awesome to have a Blues Driver, Klon, Angry Charlie to name 3 in the FX8.

Does anyone know of any plans to add more drives in future firmware ?

Yes. Please!

I don't know if we'll see any comment from the Boss on this. This request comes up every so often, it's usually met with enthusiasm from some guys and comments from others about how the current drives are so flexible and how, via advanced settings in the drive block, you can emulate almost any drive sound you like with the current models.

It's absolutely true that there's a ton of overlap in the physical pedal world.. many, many pedals are just simple variations of a tube screamer, for instance.

Still, more unique drives would be a huge bonus and would be added to Axe-FX and AX8 too.

Make your wish known on the wish list thread. I started a similar thread a long time ago requesting amp-in-a-box pedals, in lieu of actual amp models. It would be nice to get rid of my Wampler Triple Wreck if FAS could model it well enough. Love that pedal, and nothing in the FX8 comes close to it (or I'm just not good enough at tweaking to get there).

I was told, by a Wampler endorsee, that Fractal wanted to model the Wampler pedals, specifically the Dual Fusion, but for some reason it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom