Any love for the Laney IRT-X?

I've just got an ASM (loving it) and the Laney is deffo something I'd consider if it's good sound wise for easy carrying about.

I really fancy the Matrix stuff but it's probably more I can justify for a bit

Interested to hear any thoughts from anyone who's used the AX8 with the Laney

Currently playing through an ASM-12 but looking for something lighter to travel with.

I've read good things about the Laney IRT-X cabinet and was interested if the Fractal community had any feedback on them.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/laney_irt_x.htm?ref=search_prv_14

Cheers
I own pair of Laney IRT-X for more than a year. Basically very happy with them. However I think it is very genre dependant. The only limitation of them from this extent is if you'd like play heavy music and using them exclusively you probably won't get good rythm tone with good bottom end. In this scenario you better use it together with at least one 1 x 12 combo. Any other genres plays really well from it especially dry/wet combination. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

I run my Ax8 through a Laney IRT-X for home and single guitar smaller gigs and the sound is pretty impressive for such a small unit. I agree with Feodor... trying to keep up with a full band you'd lose tone and probably start clipping playing metal. However, I think you could play pretty much any other genre with a pair alone. The cost, versatility, weight, and durability are a major plus.

I run my Ax8 through a Laney IRT-X for home and single guitar smaller gigs and the sound is pretty impressive for such a small unit. I agree with Feodor... trying to keep up with a full band you'd lose tone and probably start clipping playing metal. However, I think you could play pretty much any other genre with a pair alone. The cost, versatility, weight, and durability are a major plus.
I own pair of Laney IRT-X for more than a year. Basically very happy with them. However I think it is very genre dependant. The only limitation of them from this extent is if you'd like play heavy music and using them exclusively you probably won't get good rythm tone with good bottom end. In this scenario you better use it together with at least one 1 x 12 combo. Any other genres plays really well from it especially dry/wet combination. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

How are liking the Laney? Looks like one of the smaller powered speakers out there

I've just got an ASM (loving it) and the Laney is deffo something I'd consider if it's good sound wise for easy carrying about.

I really fancy the Matrix stuff but it's probably more I can justify for a bit

Interested to hear any thoughts from anyone who's used the AX8 with the Laney

TWell I've had one for about a year. I got it as an easier option to the ASM.

Lightweight and easier to move about so perfect for practices. It's also proved useful for gigs with my disco/funk covers band as a personal monitor whilst the main AX8 signal goes to FOH

Tone wise it isn't as good as the ASM but it can be made to work well and is very recommended as a cheaper FRFR option, and it's a bit of a swiss army knife as the extra features with different inputs/outputs make it handy to keep around

Back
Top Bottom