Any Little midi controller for axe fx 2?

Cem

Experienced
Hello,

sometimes I just need only 2 or 3 presets for some gigs, and MFC is kinda too heavy to bring out to the gig.

Is there any, 2-3 buttoned ( I don't know how to set it etc too if there is) midi controller for this purpose?

Clean, Crunch, Solo for example, 3 buttons or even Up - Downs?

I don't need any name displays by the way. All I would do is connect my wah direct to Axe, and have 3 buttons, clean, crunch, solo. Hope it's possible.

Tech 21 midi mouse has 2 buttons. If you created a series of your presets 123123123123 with a few iterations, you could always be one click away from the other 2 options with 2 buttons.

Oops, I'm wrong, there are 3 buttons, so I think you can scroll wherever up or down, then make it active. I think my idea above would also work with it.

Tech 21 midi mouse has 2 buttons. If you created a series of your presets 123123123123 with a few iterations, you could always be one click away from the other 2 options with 2 buttons.

Oops, I'm wrong, there are 3 buttons, so I think you can scroll wherever up or down, then make it active. I think my idea above would also work with it.

But would it work with axe? :eek:

So if I use, the Midi Mouse, 3 button one, the preset doesn't come alive without pushing the Mid button?

DisasterArea Amps (Disaster Area Designs | Innovative Musical Devices) makes great small midi controllers. I would be tempted to ask Matt to do a custom version of his DMC-6 (DMC-6 MIDI Foot Controller | Disaster Area Designs) that would do preset changes on the lower three buttons, use the top left for scene decrease, top middle for scene increase and the top right for bank change. The DMC midi controllers can have I think it is 4 color banks (blue, green, white, purple, maybe some more). If you get the version with an expression scroll wheel, you'd get a very small and very versatile controller with 3 presets x 4 banks, and the abiltity to use scenes within presets as well as running expression control stuff.

469263_344618442295976_987079863_o1.jpeg

I have a DMC-6 that I used to use with my Hughes and Kettner Switchblade and it was great, and Matt's a great guy to deal with.

I mailed disaster about this. Let's see what the answer is gonna be.

Point him to this thread. There seems to be requests for this kind of things very so often so a DMC-6 with a custom Axe Fx firmware will likely sell very well. I was just thinking that getting the option with the expression jack input as well will enable to run one mission pedal as a wah, and the expression roller as volume or similar. And all in all something that would easily fit on pedaltrain mini.

Point him to this thread. There seems to be requests for this kind of things very so often so a DMC-6 with a custom Axe Fx firmware will likely sell very well. I was just thinking that getting the option with the expression jack input as well will enable to run one mission pedal as a wah, and the expression roller as volume or similar. And all in all something that would easily fit on pedaltrain mini.

That was a solid point! I still am considering Midi mouse by the way. But it would be a bit hard without all those scenes :(

Matt's answer is below, I think I'm getting one done.

"I think we can customize the DMC-6 to do what you need. The normal setup on the DMC-6 is four banks of five presets each, for a total of 20. The upper right button changes the banks, and if you press and hold this button the controller changes into a scrolling mode that lets you access all of the presets stored in your Axe.

Looking at your needs, I think I might recommend the DMC-6D, which has an LED display. It's a bit more expensive than the DMC-6 but the display would let us make it much easier to use for you. Also, we can set it up to receive power over the 7-pin MIDI cable, which is a nice feature for the Axe-FX! With the DMC-6D we could use the display to show the current bank and preset, and it also has two expression inputs built-in."

Back
Top Bottom