Any Kiss Fans?

To understand Kiss, you’d have to have been there in the mid-70s...

It's like watching Jaws or Star Wars now or any old movie and trying to compare the special effects with what we have now. At the time, when Jaws came out, in 1976 and Star Wars in 1977, it was like...wow, never seen anything like it! As @Rick said, at the time, there was no stage show like Kiss and no band that looked like that.

Last edited:
At the time, when Jaws came out, in 1976 and Star Wars in 1977, it was like...wow, never seen anything like
Interestingly, Jaws benefitted from not showing the shark that much, due to it being plagued with mechanical problems during filming, and forcing Spielberg to brilliantly setup well written/acted/directed scenes that led viewers to imagine the worst in their minds.

Interestingly, Jaws benefitted from not showing the shark that much, due to it being plagued with mechanical problems during filming, and forcing Spielberg to brilliantly setup well written/acted/directed scenes that led viewers to imagine the worst in their minds.

Yep...and it worked! That movie scared the shit out me as a 12 year old kid! :eek:

Yep...and it worked! That movie scared the shit out me as a 12 year old kid! :eek:
I was a bit older, but remember being afraid to swim at a lakeside
cottage we'd rented that summer after seeing Jaws.

Similarly, in the early days of Kiss, they benefited from limited exposure - possibly against Gene/Paul's promotional efforts, but given the limited media channels of the day compared to now, a hyper mystique and mystery developed surrounding the band . With Kiss back then though, they managed to be better live than what you imagined both visually, and sonically particularly if you'd listened only to the first 3 studio albums which sound god awful from a production standpoint - the 1st live album is what lit the fire.

Back
Top Bottom