• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
  • We have updated the rules pertaining to how For Sale/Trade posts are made. Please take a moment to review the announcement here.

Any headless guitar player up in here?

I took a steinberger in trade and am surprised by how cool it is...never thought I'd like a headless guitar.

I tried out a Strandberg and found it lifeless and devoid of personality. Wasn’t a fan.
That's how I felt about the Steinberg I tried years ago. They have their fans, but not me.

Doubt it's about headlessness, but it's an odd coincidence.

Yes. I have a history of swinging around and catching the singer with the head of my guitar. Not so bad when it was the shoulder of a 6ft male singer. Less acceptable when it’s the face of a your female vocalist. So I built this. Effectively it’s a Telecaster with different tuners and body shape.

i9YZUB0.jpg

Below is an '89 Steinberger GL2T, originally purchased by a mentor of mine from Dan Martin (who sold EVH his Steinberger). I basically learned to play on this exact guitar, which was sent into my care a few years back. I recognized the feel and sound of it as soon as I took it out of the shipping box. I switched out the original black faceplate to keep it in good condition and used a reproduction top to do a little Bowie/Tin Machine tribute. It's now one of my main guitars I gig with.

Pictured here from a recent show in Moorpark, CA, with a Billy Joel tribute band I work with. Axefx 3 sitting on the floor behind me.

BILLYNATIONHIGHSTREET-34.jpg

61CCA131-73D4-4B96-B06B-9B4E87B83F81.jpegJust bought a Strandberg Boden Prog NX6 and love it. I need to get better pics. If the Endurneck was the only great thing about the guitar it would be worth every penny. I wish I was able to play this neck profile since the very beginning 42 years ago. The one thing that makes it especially nice for me personally is the fact that I have been suffering from Arthritis in my wrists, hands and thumbs. I easily develop tendonitis and ligament pain. It’s not a cure all, but it has helped.

Oh one more thing, I have 3 Core PRSi and the Strandberg is far from lifeless. It resonates great. I can see it not being everyone’s cup of tea, but there is no denying the amount of thought and engineering involved without losing musicality. I still see why I will play my other guitars (sans the physical issues) because every nice guitar has something unique to offer, but this is my new love. Plus not having a head to worry about banging into something or someone is great and still getting use to it. Dang…forgot the Suhr pups. Really like them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom