Any great Zilla Cab IR's out there?

DeepTone

Hey guys,

would love to have some Zilla Cab IR's (especially the Fatboy), but didn't found any Zilla IR except of the one by theampfactory.

Maybe u guys can help me?

Cheers

I'd also definitely be interested in these IR's. The reason there's none of these IR's available is most likely due to it being a rare cab and these commercial IR makers have to concentrate on big names like Mesa, Marshall...

Sorry to hijack, but your new avatar is awesome Clark. hahaha

Hahahaha! :lol it's actually a self portrait I made with Illustrator. I'm trying to learn some advanced techniques and the file format is vector so I can stretch my face as big as I want and it will not have any pixeling but it's always sharp. So my plan is to print one and put it on the moon so everyone can see my pretty face.

clark_self_portrait.png

Hijack over! :lol

I'd also definitely be interested in these IR's. The reason there's none of these IR's available is most likely due to it being a rare cab and these commercial IR makers have to concentrate on big names like Mesa, Marshall...

Exactly! But there will be the time when these Cabs are "overdone" and u think: "Do I really need the 2342304810810 Mesa 4x12 SM57 Cab?" (Sadly yes because its my favorite cab :mrgreen)

All i wanted to say was: Im looking forward to high quality zilla cabs :victorious:

:D I have a Zilla Super Fatboy with Creambacks and planned on shooting some IRs for quite some time (longer than having that cab).
Already did a few of a Marshall 1960BX but those were just test captures shot inside my living room.

The next will be done either in a studio and proper live room or just for fun in the garden to get in the freefield direction.
I'll keep you posted - want to get 2 Vintage30s and more mics to choose from.

I found one SM57 IR from Zilla Fatboy with V30s but I think he might've used a tube amp for shooting because of the low end spike.

Also this guy seems to have an Axe-Fx II with Zilla cab and Matrix for shooting flat IR's.

But once again mic'ing up a cab can be done in so many different ways. Many things can go wrong: MIC PLACEMENT, POWER AMP, OTHER GEAR, MIC PLACEMENT X1000. It's not just throwing the mic where people say it should be. It's about knowing what you should get and measuring it somehow. It's a science. :lol

Attachments

• Zilla Fatboy SM57.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 356
  • Zilla Fatboy SM57_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 194
:D I have a Zilla Super Fatboy with Creambacks and planned on shooting some IRs for quite some time (longer than having that cab).
Already did a few of a Marshall 1960BX but those were just test captures shot inside my living room.

The next will be done either in a studio and proper live room or just for fun in the garden to get in the freefield direction.
I'll keep you posted - want to get 2 Vintage30s and more mics to choose from.

That's what I wanted to hear! :D

I found one SM57 IR from Zilla Fatboy with V30s but I think he might've used a tube amp for shooting because of the low end spike.

Also this guy seems to have an Axe-Fx II with Zilla cab and Matrix for shooting flat IR's.

But once again mic'ing up a cab can be done in so many different ways. Many things can go wrong: MIC PLACEMENT, POWER AMP, OTHER GEAR, MIC PLACEMENT X1000. It's not just throwing the mic where people say it should be. It's about knowing what you should get and measuring it somehow. It's a science. :lol

Holy shit dude! Your like a magician :D Honestly where did u get this?

Can't wait to give it try!!! Just 1 hour left to get home :mad:

Okay I like the IR Clark posted but it isnt captured that great :lol

The tone is really clear but sadly there's way to much bottom end in this IR and the highs seem to be too harsh and fizzy. Seems promising when these things get captured well! :)

Gonna have to try that IR you found Clark! On a side note, I've got a good understanding on how to capture the IR's, as I've done it once with my Avatar 4x12, but I'm interested in some tips to help make them more appropriate for mixing straight from the source. Now my setup currently for this is:

-Axe FX II Mk I
-Scarlett 2i4
-Crown XLS1500 power amp
-2x Shure SM57's(new),2x Shure 545's(vintage)

Now I've read up a lot on decoupling cabs recently and felt it would be of use to employ with the Zilla, partially cuz seeing as how if it were to sit on the floor, being that there are no "top" speakers, you can get reflections from the floor bleeding into the mic. Now I'll be close mic'ing pretty much exclusively I feel so I'm not sure that the reflections as big a worry, but I did want to decouple it to avoid any boominess from being "attached" to the floor. Also with close-mic'ing in mind, I'm not sure how crucial it is to have a good room, I will definitely not have the cab really close to any walls, and likely be positioned in the center of a long room but closer to the wall behind it as that's I how I normally see it done. But again, any tips would be helpful.

Holy shit dude! Your like a magician :D Honestly where did u get this?

Can't wait to give it try!!! Just 1 hour left to get home :mad:

Yeah it's been captured with a tube amp so the way it works best with the Axe-Fx is that you compensate for it. F.ex. you can go to the SPEAKER page in the AMP block and set high and low resonance to 0. This kind of takes care of it... kind of. :)

Back
Top Bottom