Any great sources for backing tracks?

WannaRock

Hello group, I have played along with addictive drums for a long while as my backing track. I just ordered a backing track cd online but it is sort of limited. Do any of you guys know a good source of free backing tracks, I play guitar through the ultra into monitors. Or if not free any good places to get backing track for a reasonable fee? I tried google, and tried several sites, I really didn't have much luck. I listen to rock, blues, some metal. Just looking for something to practice with, anyway thanks for your time and any input.

Very good, thank you Mork. I would love to see Mork and Mendy come on tv land so I could show my kids what funny shows they had when I was growing up. Thanks again

jamtrackcentral.com is amazing, it's not free but some of the free MIDI tracks I heard were so terrible it was impossible to play without laughing myself into hysteria.
The tracks from there sound great and they arent expensive either.

Thanks Mark and David, I will check out your links as well. I signed up for the free backing tracks link posted by Mork. I tried downloading a file it took me to a site called Imesh, I googled it, and found some unfavorable comments about it. Anyone used this IMesh site before? Thanks for your links and postings guys. I found one site last week and forgot to bookmark it, I was able to log on and audition a backing track and if I liked it I was able to download it. There were not many to choose from, but I liked the format. Anyway thank you for taking the time to help.

I've not actually been on GuitarBT for a while but when I last used it I would get backing tracks from the forum more than the main page. So have a look around in there most guys just post them in threads for members to download. I've not heard of IMesh but they must be using it to mirror downloads to save money of hosting loads of tracks.

man i've been to most of these and im always looking for the van halen song "run around" preferrably with vocals but i'd settle for anything.

I have a midi version of Runaround no vocals...kinda lame but useful if you want it. I also have all the EVH backing tracks from rips from Guitar Hero. Those are awesome. I would post Runaround here but don't see an upload link.

Back
Top Bottom