Any good advice for creating patches for headphone listening

mniel8195

Inspired
Hey guys i have always ran through a cab and power amp but because of my living situation and girlfriend i have chosen to play through headphones at home. I have never used cab sims and i have never played through headphones. Any advice or threads you could point me to would be great.

Re: Any good advice for creating patches for headphone liste

I only use my axe fx through headphones which is quite pathetic. This is what I do.

Guitar > Axe Fx > Audio interface > Laptop

So the headphone will come out from the audio interface for you to monitor.

Just be aware. Any preset created for headphone use will not translate to a useable preset for amp/cab of FRFR use.

I understand your need for volume levels at home, but the presets simply will not translate to FOH or larger output systems.

Start with a very good pair of headphones. Because of my family situation I play guitar only with headphones since the beginning of Line 6. I have tried everything.

I use the now discontinued AKG K240 (600ohms version) for headphones. They are not the lightest ones but great for any mix and guitar sounds.

For the sound just start with a preset you like and twist it to your liking. Best way to benchmark your sound is to do it against a recorded sound you like.

I hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom