Any Godin players?

If I understand correctly, the GR units are converting the GK input to MIDI and using it to trigger samples.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking specifically about the modeling in the GP-10 and SY-1000. Totally different tech.
Sorry, yes, were are talking about sampling vs modeling. I haven't played the SY-1000. I opted for the GR route because the sampled sounds are more realistic (say you want a cello, or a piano, then you're actually getting that recorded sound).

Sorry, yes, were are talking about sampling vs modeling. I haven't played the SY-1000. I opted for the GR route because the sampled sounds are more realistic (say you want a cello, or a piano, then you're actually getting that recorded sound).

I understand your point, but I'll push back on one thing. I use my SY-1000 in bass mode with a fretless bass, and I get a much more realistic and responsive acoustic bass (pizz) sound than could be gotten with samples. It is literally capturing every nuance of my playing and putting it on an acoustic bass (except for bowing). But otherwise, you're right about being able to get more realism with samples-- the trade off is latency-- but perhaps it's not too bad.

Here is my Godin, I like it. For now I looking for P90 version of Summit Classic :) I return two Gibson Standard because poor quality and get second hand Godin Summit Classic LTD. Quality is excellent.

View attachment 95757
That is a beaut! There are some gold top Summit Classics available on Reverb. Just looked at one with the P-Rail pickups for $1,300. Those are intriguing to me (humbucker/single coil/P90 all-in-one).

What is the switch next your tone knob? Is that a built in boost?

H.D.R by Godin.
A Godin guitar equipped with the new High-Definition Revoicer system is like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 Godin guitar. The H.D.R. augments and revoices the frequencies of each pickup, taking them to the next level of sonic clarity with a zero-hum, noiseless high-definition sound. Giving players that extra bite along with dynamic response that accentuates the natural nuances of the instrument.
Revoiced with an active preamp, the new Godin H.D.R system enables you to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button located between the tone and volume knobs on select Godin electric models. Simply put, the H.D.R. gives the player the best of both worlds!

Also, this “true bypass” system keeps the integrity of the passive pickups while making them active without any degradation in tone quality.

Last edited:
That is a beaut! There are some gold top Summit Classics available on Reverb. Just looked at one with the P-Rail pickups for $1,300. Those are intriguing to me (humbucker/single coil/P90 all-in-one).

The P-rails are great. I put them on a PRS and also on my HSS Strat. Love having the flexibility.

Here is my Godin, I like it. For now I looking for P90 version of Summit Classic :) I return two Gibson Standard because poor quality and get second hand Godin Summit Classic LTD. Quality is excellent.

View attachment 95757

Just looked at these on the verb. Yours is a beautiful guitar. Could load it with the P-rails with the switching pickup rings or some other bucker size P90s. I’m a P90 fan myself. What’s that switch sound like?

What’s that switch sound like?
I recalled it was referred to as HDR, but couldn't remember the explanation above. I had seen it in this video demonstrating the Montreal Premiere when I was looking at those. Not necessarily designed as a boost, but could probably be used as a mild one.

Found the demo video on the Godin website. You can hear the demo of it at about the 1min mark.

I looked at the xtSA and the current LGX(T) offerings, but one thing that turns me off to Godin's current line is their insistence on using Richlite fingerboards. I know it doesn't matter to some people, but I want an actual wood fingerboard, so I sought out a used LGX SA. Also, I really wanted that blue AAA flamed maple top and they're not offering that now. They are definitely versatile.
I actually prefer Richlite, especially for guitars that have a 13-pin pickup. It's a lot more stable and consistent than most woods, so it does help a little with tracking.

H.D.R by Godin.
A Godin guitar equipped with the new High-Definition Revoicer system is like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 Godin guitar. The H.D.R. augments and revoices the frequencies of each pickup, taking them to the next level of sonic clarity with a zero-hum, noiseless high-definition sound. Giving players that extra bite along with dynamic response that accentuates the natural nuances of the instrument.
Revoiced with an active preamp, the new Godin H.D.R system enables you to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button located between the tone and volume knobs on select Godin electric models. Simply put, the H.D.R. gives the player the best of both worlds!

Also, this “true bypass” system keeps the integrity of the passive pickups while making them active without any degradation in tone quality.

I have that in my Progression. Juices up what otherwise would be a very Stratty Strat.

The P-rails are great. I put them on a PRS and also on my HSS Strat. Love having the flexibility.

I had a set of the P-Rails in my Godin Radiator. 3 way toggles for each pickup and
the 3-way pickup selector made it more versatile than your average axe by a long
ways.

ltid3c83fl9fx4j9jtuf.jpg

I recalled it was referred to as HDR, but couldn't remember the explanation above. I had seen it in this video demonstrating the Montreal Premiere when I was looking at those. Not necessarily designed as a boost, but could probably be used as a mild one.

Found the demo video on the Godin website. You can hear the demo of it at about the 1min mark.

Yeah, definitely nowhere near close to a boost. Actually pretty subtle. Not as prominent as
something like the mid-boost Fender had in the Clapton Strat.

I actually prefer Richlite, especially for guitars that have a 13-pin pickup. It's a lot more stable and consistent than most woods, so it does help a little with tracking.
Yeah, it's just personal preference with me. I prefer either rosewood or ebony fingerboards.

I haven't ever compared tracking of wood vs Richlite, but both of my synth guitars have no issues.

Yeah, definitely nowhere near close to a boost. Actually pretty subtle. Not as prominent as
something like the mid-boost Fender had in the Clapton Strat.
Good to know. I was just judging by the audio. Of course, he probably adjusted other settings for that portion as well.

HDR seems to be more about tonality without much of a volume boost as near as I
can tell. Not sure about it with Humbuckers, since I have only experienced with the
SSS setup in the Progression. Maybe it is more impactful in other configurations.

HDR seems to be more about tonality without much of a volume boost as near as I
can tell. Not sure about it with Humbuckers, since I have only experienced with the
SSS setup in the Progression. Maybe it is more impactful in other configurations.
That's true HBs could make a difference. Seems like something would happen if going from passive to active pickups?

It definitely sounded more aggressive in the clip.

Back
Top Bottom