Any Godin players?

Yea, I wasn't impressed with the nylon acoustic a friend had. And I've heard that the nylon GK into Boss modeling is less versatile/capable.

It's a shame you had a quality control issue. One of the downsides of not being able to A. find one in a store to try and B. trust an online retailer to actually reject and return guitars that are out of spec. rather than pass those rejects on to customers.

Yea, I wasn't impressed with the nylon acoustic a friend had. And I've heard that the nylon GK into Boss modeling is less versatile/capable.

It's a shame you had a quality control issue. One of the downsides of not being able to A. find one in a store to try and B. trust an online retailer to actually reject and return guitars that are out of spec. rather than pass those rejects on to customers.
Actually, I bought mine new at GC, which has a 45 day return policy, so no harm - no foul. The problems that I described are design flaws, not QC issues.

Actually, I bought mine new at GC, which has a 45 day return policy, so no harm - no foul. The problems that I described are design flaws, not QC issues.
Ah good. I'm a little surprised to hear about the design flaw (vs just wood doing its unpredictable thing)-- only because Godin does so many guitars/designs that are good or even great-- and a flaw like that should have been caught somewhere in the development cycle.

I simply love my Godin ACS Classical. It plays like butter, no rattles and has wonderful expressiveness (or acoustical dynamics if you like). The midi pickup is as good as any Roland hardware. I only occasionally use midi, and even then for pads/swells using an old (but very fast and accurate) Terratec Axon AX-100 MK2 pitch-to-glitch controller and a Roland synth module. The Godin piezo pickup and controls are excellent and very dialable. My ACS is one of those guitars I'll never sell.Godin ACS Classical.JPG

I'm sorry to be "that guy" but these Godin guitars have "Divided Pickups". There's nothing MIDI about the pickup, the GK 13 pin connector, the GK cable, or subsequent processing. The cable simply carries analog audio of the individual strings, as well as the built-in normal pickups (if any). Rarely, a processor will analyze and convert those divided pickup analog signals into MIDI data. Even then, the hardware that got us there isn't MIDI, it is only at the point where the data outputs to either 5 pin MIDI or USB that it becomes MIDI. I'm just hoping to clarify & avoid confusion.

Yikes!... I just got a nomenclature beatdown. ;) The Axon is a really great controller though, that's where you'll find those 5 pins, even though only 3 are are in play.

Last edited:
I had a Godin Grand Concert Duet Ambiance for a while. Played great but I couldn't find a use for it. Amplified was ok but not great. I got a Cordoba flamenco which sounded much better amplified. I preferred playing my real classicals and it wasn't useful as a travel solution so I sold it.

I currently own a 5th Avenue 2 P90 and I love it. Plays great and I got it used for a good price. I upgraded the pickups to Wolftones and while it was an improvement, the originals were ok. This thing sounds fantastic and is fun to play.

IMG_8738.jpeg

I had a Godin Grand Concert Duet Ambiance for a while. Played great but I couldn't find a use for it. Amplified was ok but not great. I got a Cordoba flamenco which sounded much better amplified. I preferred playing my real classicals and it wasn't useful as a travel solution so I sold it.

I currently own a 5th Avenue 2 P90 and I love it. Plays great and I got it used for a good price. I upgraded the pickups to Wolftones and while it was an improvement, the originals were ok. This thing sounds fantastic and is fun to play.

View attachment 136425
Wow! Gorgeous wood on that top! Nice!

Back
Top Bottom