Any gamer's here Xbox One Or PS4?

That was pretty exciting to watch. I liked the pacing especially, rolling out the games and dropping the bombs. Good times, i'll get one!

Since I bought my axe, the only thing I use my Xbox for is watching Netflix for background noise haha. I won't be spending the outrageous amounts of money they'll be demanding for these things. But the ps4 looks much more promising.

Since I bought my axe, the only thing I use my Xbox for is watching Netflix for background noise haha. I won't be spending the outrageous amounts of money they'll be demanding for these things. But the ps4 looks much more promising.

Ditto! My Xbox hasn't even been turned on in about a year. My ps3 is a Netflix machine and my wii is essentially a bookend. I don't dough gaming these days except when I on the road I play my Vita.

That being said, Xbox One is about to be Microsoft's greatest failure next to Windows Vista.

A lot of people are upset about the Xbox One's restrictions on offline use as well as used games. I think the restrictions, especially on used games, are pretty damn draconian.

As a gamer, I resent being treated like a thief when I paid for a game.

Nice to hear the PS4 is shaping up well.

I've heard that the Kinect is mandatory as well. I hate that thing. I was a fan of the original Xbox and the 360, but the One is turning out to be DOA. I'll be skipping on the next Halo, I guess...

I play one game series. Halo. So there's where my money will go.

Well you can keep the notion of having a box that you have to:

1. Keep connected to the net so the idiotic box will check in every 24 hours.

2. No used games (or may have to pay a FEE to the game developer ..it is THEIR choice how they "control" used games...stupid...very stupid!)

3. pay a hundred dollars more for the xbox one

4. having kinnect REQUIRED and even if you do turn it off...how do you KNOW it is OFF? And could it not be easily accessable by hackers in the future?

5. To me halo... even as good of a game as it is... is not worth jumping hoops through all of that! GTA V and Watch Dogs look like they will blow halo out of the water anyway.

If I ever do get another console it will defanitely be a PS4!

I am a computer gamer by choice, but this new PS4 offering what it does for the price blows the xbox one completely out of the water!

I like the idea of what SHOULD be a "given" anyway...letting the CONSUMER make the choice of what they want to do with their used games!! How did it ever get to the point of a game developer doing this?

I love this instructional video on how to share used games on PS4!

Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube

Last edited:
I play one game series. Halo. So there's where my money will go.

Halo will stay on Xbox but look at the gameplay trailer for Bungee's new "Destiny" title that's coming to all platforms. Looks like Halo and is made by the guys who made Halo and aren't working on the new one because they've put everything into their new intellectual property that's designed to kick ass in the next gen the same way Halo did on the current.

Halo will stay on Xbox but look at the gameplay trailer for Bungee's new "Destiny" title that's coming to all platforms. Looks like Halo and is made by the guys who made Halo and aren't working on the new one because they've put everything into their new intellectual property that's designed to kick ass in the next gen the same way Halo did on the current.

Yeah, destiny is made by the same people as halo and from what I have read, it really looks great!

First let's not kid ourselves, it's not game developers who want the restrictions on Xbox One, it's publishers. The used game restrictions are about giving publishers a way to change how they make there money, from a per-disc-bought model to a per-player model). The rules as detailed so far seem far less onerous than other online publishing systems, for example iTunes, Xbox Music, virtually any OS application store, Steam, Origin, etc., all of which do not allow you to transfer or on-sell your purchases or have far more restrictive terms. Everyone I personally know who has complained about the Xbox One's restrictions are big customers of at least one of the services listed, and I bet that applies to a wider audience.

Publishers already limit what you can do with with just the game disc on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 by making some part of the game content only available when a unlock code is attached to your account. I can barely remember a AAA title that I've bought in the last couple of years that hasn't come with at least one code. Even though EA has stated they intend to end this practice, I would predict other publishers on the PS4 will continue this practice, and possibly increase the amount of content only available with unlock codes. I suspect many publishers won't bother on the Xbox One, and will simply make use of the built-in restrictions, and the options Microsoft gives them.

As for Kinect privacy, where's the outrage for the existing Kinect and PS Eye, cameras in your smartphone/laptop/tablet. These aren't any more or less 'hackable'. Arguably, because of the locked down nature of the Xbox operating environment, it's likely to be far more secure than your average PC webcam.

I've owned video game systems from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft, and have yet to make a decision about what console I'll get at the end of this year (other than it won't be a Nintendo Wii U). However, the rhetoric around Xbox One is ridiculous, and the nature of the restrictions blown way out of proportion.

I'll probably either get nothing or a PS4. I've never owned an Xbox of any description, just because they've never interested me, and the way they're shooting themselves in the foot with the Xbox One, that's probably not about to change. I'm mostly a PC gamer these days, though, so there's even a chance that I'll just keep playing most of my games there and get a Wii U instead to catch up on the Zelda franchise.

Back
Top Bottom