Any F1 fans here?

Project Mayhem

Experienced
GIven the international nature of this community, I would think that I’m not the only one who’s been jonesing for tonight. A number of exciting possibilities with this season, More so than recent seasons, IMO.

I wouldn't say I'm jonesing but am excited to see the new season get underway. Outside of playing guitar, I do play video games from time to time and Formula 1 Racing is the one I enjoy most, so seeing tracks that are familiar makes it a bit more fun.

I follow it on the news but found the races have turned into utter boredom in the recent years.

It has suffered from some lackluster races and the Merc dominance in recent years. But I do like the direction the new ownership has gone, and the new regulations should increase competitiveness. Some great young talent coming up.

Looks like Mercedes was able to cope much better with the new aerodynamics regulations than the rest of the pack. Bottas with +20 second lead.

Verstappen is doing good with the Honda engine.

Good to see Honda finally get it right. That chassis engine combo could really give the Merc’s a run on a number of courses. Verstappen is crazy good, just needs to get his emotions under control.

Disappointed Ferrari didn’t let LeClerc race Vettel.

I wouldn't say I'm jonesing but am excited to see the new season get underway. Outside of playing guitar, I do play video games from time to time and Formula 1 Racing is the one I enjoy most, so seeing tracks that are familiar makes it a bit more fun.

My son races go karts, and we do a fair bit of sim racing in between. Norris did 600 laps on the sim before the GP and qualified P9 without ever having driven the circuit previously. The sims have gotten really good in terms of course accuracy. Each team has dedicated sim drivers now for data logging.

My son races go karts, and we do a fair bit of sim racing in between. Norris did 600 laps on the sim before the GP and qualified P9 without ever having driven the circuit previously. The sims have gotten really good in terms of course accuracy. Each team has dedicated sim drivers now for data logging.

There's a really good documentary on Netflix "Drive To Survive" about the 2018 season. In one of the episodes you see Esteban Ocon driving the simulated track with his eyes closed.

I pretty much watch every race, and have been for many years. Definitely a fan. It’s the only sport I follow. Great start to the season

My sons middle name is Ayrton...which gives you an idea of where I stand on racing:)

I lived in Melbourne for six years in the 90’s. Really expanded my exposure to racing . Motorsport doesn’t have the same exposure in the states....it’s getting better... but nowhere near the same.

There's a really good documentary on Netflix "Drive To Survive" about the 2018 season. In one of the episodes you see Esteban Ocun driving the simulated track with his eyes closed.

Yeah I binged that the other day. Great series, really well done. Shocked they were given that much access. My son appears in that series three times... he doesn’t know it yet though...he’s in Australia for the race.

I don't watch all races, but when there's time and mood I watch. But most of the time I do something besides watching, most of the time I have my Acoustic on my lap. Same with professional football (the real, european style! ;)), mostly it's so boooring! I prefer doing sports myself, a lot more fun.

Still, I kinda think Hamilton is the best driver, Verstappen is the biggest talent. My guess is one of them wins in the end. It's too early to say if the Mercedes dominance in Australia will continue on the other tracks. I honestly hope not! But then again, who cares... :p

Back
Top Bottom