Any experience with the db Technologies DVX DM-12's?

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Looking at mid-level (step up from EV/JBL/QSC/FBT) level speakers and decided to try the RCF 12-SMA. But that's got two reports from the guys using them of some issues. I still have that coming and will try it extensively; but am in need of a louder, bigger long-term solution for live sound in a Fractal FRFR paradigm that I run.

The FBT Verve 8ma is fine; the 12ma I can borrow, but want to hear a higher level quality solution to judge if the cost to upgrade to that level is worth it or not.

I am very attracted to a low-profile 12" based co-axial floor monitor design. One that could be used as a backline if need be, but not necessarily designed for that purpose. 90% of my use will be on the floor in front of me. The monitors I am looking at would all be in the 130db peak spec.. That's loud enough, IMHO, for what I need to do.

The one that has me interested beyond the RCF I have on order is the db Technologies DVX DM-12. This one: Click Here!

Here is the page for the RCF NX 12-SMA for reference: RCF - NX 12-SMA

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
It looks like the DVX DM12 has a horn as a part of its configuration, which makes it a little different than the RCF NX 12-SMA. Not sure if you noticed that or not.

It looks like the DVX DM12 has a horn as a part of its configuration, which makes it a little different than the RCF NX 12-SMA. Not sure if you noticed that or not.

I did. I've read opinions of their Flexsys FM 12; which does feature a coaxial speaker setup... but it is actually a lower tier product from db Technologies. Hence my interest in some feedback by a more Axe-FX oriented user concerning their step up product in the DVX range from them.

Back
Top Bottom